Should I buy a Blackberry?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Blackberry Storm - and it is bloody marvellous. Three slight issues - 1. Battery life is a bit short between charges 2. Takes a bit of working out to begin with. 3. Can't get a decent pdf reader for it. Overall I think it has helped business alot as I can receive and send emails etc. very easily, all linked via my PC at home.

We use E71 and HTC TYTN II here for staff.

I didn't get on with touch screen of TYTN II but others love it. I found it too tricky so opted for E71 (now you can get E72 better 5mp camera).

The E71 is great with downloaded 'nokia mail for exchange', which is free, you can sync email with server whereas blackberry device unless have blackberry server at about

StuP..Have you tried out OVI files (another freebie)... lets you view files that are on your PC from your phone!!
no, will have a look at that does it require username/password each time? dont like the idea of someone trawling through my PC when I get drunk and leave the phone down the pub!!! Guiness Drink

I've got the BB Bold, fully 3G so its not bad at using the internet, I've even posted on here with it before now !!!

Email is great but you also get your spam straight away too. I dont really use the calender very much and the apps aren't much cop. Battery lasts all day but needs charging every night - I use a fair bit of bluetooth between jobs. Bluetooth, WIFI and GPS is constantly switched on so I cant grumble really.

I'm on Orange so I use the orange sat nav app to get around but this really chews up the battery so I'd recommend a car charger.

I've had the old HTC Touch Diamond and it was crap in comparison. BB takes a bit of getting used to but once you do you will love it.

The only alternative I would consider is an Iphone but I'd be concerned about 1. The battery lasting long enough, 2. The screen getting damaged and 3. The extra cost I've heard about for push mail charges from Apple.

It depends what you want from a phone. I have a camera for photos, Ipod for music and a BB for communicating.

i have 2 phones private and business, and have the phones for talking and photos and my music are on the sky, dvd, sound system at home and also the music server computer in the study :p

dont really have any interest for a ipod...

Latest posts