Should We Bring Back Hanging?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the people who run this country are a million miles away from the people whose taxes keep them in luxury..
spot on. one of the reasons why nothing gets done.

The biggest problem I have with executions, is what if it's the wrong person?Don
I thought your boys always did a proper good job and never made mistakes!

On a more serious note though, if its absolutely definate without any doubt at all and backed up by evidence that the crime had taken place (murder) then why not hand out capital punishment to that person.

I know lots of ex offenders through the work I do and they often take pride in their crimes when bragging to mates, but also give lots of respect to others who have been inside as well. They also see us hard working people as scum and targets for their next ideas of crime acts.

The Godfather doesn't beleive in hangings, only buldozering red lamborghini miura's down cliff faces.

The biggest problem I have with executions, is what if it's the wrong person?Don
And that has happened in the past. But consider this also, hanging constitutes state murder. I'm sure none of us would consider condoning murder as acceptable behaviour, so why would you consider state murder to be OK??

Personally I would only consider hanging on a volunatry basis - ie the condemmed opts for that as their punishment, but then rotting in jail seems a better punishment as this would allow plenty of time for reflection / grief from other inmates????

And that has happened in the past. But consider this also, hanging constitutes state murder. I'm sure none of us would consider condoning murder as acceptable behaviour, so why would you consider state murder to be OK??Personally I would only consider hanging on a volunatry basis - ie the condemmed opts for that as their punishment, but then rotting in jail seems a better punishment as this would allow plenty of time for reflection / grief from other inmates????
and plenty of soapy shower moments

And that has happened in the past. But consider this also, hanging constitutes state murder. I'm sure none of us would consider condoning murder as acceptable behaviour, so why would you consider state murder to be OK??Personally I would only consider hanging on a volunatry basis - ie the condemmed opts for that as their punishment, but then rotting in jail seems a better punishment as this would allow plenty of time for reflection / grief from other inmates????
You forgot to put the word legalised before state murder. By your logic every squaddie or police officer who fires a gun is a potential murderer & euthanasia would never become law. Why should any convicted murderer be given a choice, their victims weren't?

Personally I would only consider hanging on a volunatry basis - ie the condemmed opts for that as their punishment
Presumably it could be suggested that anyone who opts for being hanged is not in a fit mental state to make such a decision.

Presumably it could be suggested that anyone who opts for being hanged is not in a fit mental state to make such a decision.
Catch 22.

"Beyond Reasonable Doubt of the offender being guilty".

That will never happen - as there are plenty of good Lawyers out there, that will plant an element of 'doubt' in the mind.

bring it back for certain crimes. like for the yobs who hang round on street corners. and maybe extend it to murderers etc
Mass murder (terrorists)

Paedophiles (repeat cases)

Serial rapists?

Traffic wardens..............?

a slow death is cruel, Andy ;)
for some traffic wardens, a slow death is the best way! but the ones i was talking about are nice to me - been caught in bus stops, bus lanes, no loading zones, on paths etc, and never got a ticket. just a 'park round the corner when you can' or 'dont be here when i get back'!

Not for the ones that I have highlighted above, Patch.
Getting rather militant now! Dare the Mods, moderate Admin?

You think a paedophile or rapist (potentially harming 1 victim) is worse than terrorism, harming many?

I agree with capital punishment, but it must be humane. My preference would be lethal injection.