Should We Bring Back Hanging?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes us as bad as them. It MUST be done humanely.
why should they die humanely if they tortured their victim? quick death would be an easy way out for them. either kill em the same way, or lock them up the rest of their lives. and i dont mean in the current UK jails either. stick them in a small room, odd meal, and maybe a radio.

why should they die humanely if they tortured their victim? quick death would be an easy way out for them. either kill em the same way, or lock them up the rest of their lives. and i dont mean in the current UK jails either. stick them in a small room, odd meal, and maybe a radio.
Lock them up at OUR expense? What a waste of money.

a radio that only emits white noies? :D

I agree with capital punishment, but it must be humane. My preference would be lethal injection.
To me execution is, by definition, inhumane. Incidentally, as you mention lethal injection, it appears that many feel their body burning whilst receiving the lethal injection, but are unable to communicate this as their body has been paralysed. Perhaps it's only designed to be more humane for the witnesses rather than the victim.

To me execution is, by definition, inhumane. Incidentally, as you mention lethal injection, it appears that many feel their body burning whilst receiving the lethal injection, but are unable to communicate this as their body has been paralysed. Perhaps it's only designed to be more humane for the witnesses rather than the victim.
As a vet I see this very differently to most people (and it's one reason vets have a high suicide rate). We take animals who are in pain and suffering and do the kindest thing we can. Sometimes, for various reasons, we have to put down healthy animals. It's a quick painless procedure that is very humane.

I don't know what they use in people but in animals we overdose with anaesthetic. It doesn't burn, feels like an anaesthetic - tingling in the arm and then goes to sleep. I am 100% for voluntary euthanasia in people!

As a vet I see this very differently to most people (and it's one reason vets have a high suicide rate). We take animals who are in pain and suffering and do the kindest thing we can. Sometimes, for various reasons, we have to put down healthy animals. It's a quick painless procedure that is very humane. I don't know what they use in people but in animals we overdose with anaesthetic. It doesn't burn, feels like an anaesthetic - tingling in the arm and then goes to sleep. I am 100% for voluntary euthanasia in people!
It would be quite fitting if we could train animals to put humans to sleep. :D ;)

As a vet I see this very differently to most people (and it's one reason vets have a high suicide rate). We take animals who are in pain and suffering and do the kindest thing we can. Sometimes, for various reasons, we have to put down healthy animals. It's a quick painless procedure that is very humane. I don't know what they use in people but in animals we overdose with anaesthetic. It doesn't burn, feels like an anaesthetic - tingling in the arm and then goes to sleep. I am 100% for voluntary euthanasia in people!
have any of the animals woke up and needed another?

Never! I just see it as a dignified, peaceful way out. If I had terminal cancer I'd rather go that way than die slowly in pain
much better than suffering. my cat had a tumor & kidney failure a few years ago. had to get him put to sleep. wasnt nice to see him getting thinner and not being able to do what he wanted

I don't know what they use in people but in animals we overdose with anaesthetic.
For humans (at least in the execution protocols in the United States - perhaps they differ elsewhere?) I believe they use sodium thiopental (anaesthetic), pancuronium (muscle relexant which would eventually lead to asphyxiation) and potassium chloride (causes cardiac arrest). The pipes are cleaned with saline in between each drug.

The potassium chloride solution causes extreme pain in the victim, but owing to paralysis from the pancuronium they could not express this if the initial anaesthetic were to fail or wear off. It has been said to create a feeling that the body is literally on fire.

I have a problem with the hanging debate because one of my relatives were hanged for a crime that was later found to be not culmative in my relatives fault.

I never knew the relative in question, it was before my time, but I remember she was one of the last femails to be hanged.

One of the main reasons for rehabilitation, is to give people a second chance.

Now some people given a second chance will take up the offer, however some will not.

Then you have to ask, is it worth keeping them in jail?

Why should we pay for them to be kept indefinately?

I always think that if you are a member of society then you should act in accordance within certain rules, if you act outside these rules you are no longer a member, and as such,are no longer protected by society, and should be outcast.

Because an outcast is often jailed, and a drain on society, I see nothing wrong in freedom of responsibility!

So whilst I voted against hanging, I say just line up the low lifes and shoot em.

Sorry

I will say that any person found guilty of killing a police officer should recieve the death penalty.

Any person found guilty of procuring an underage girl for the use of sex by grooming, should recieve the death penalty.

Any person found guilty of not agreeing with my views should be made to sing naked in trafalgar square.

I will say that any person found guilty of killing a police officer should recieve the death penalty.
Why is this any worse than killing any other human being? Don't know what's special about the police!

Any person found guilty of procuring an underage girl for the use of sex by grooming, should recieve the death penalty.
Does this mean if you shower and put on a clean shirt (grooming) then meet a 15 year old in a nightclub and taker her home you should be killed? I know a bloke who it happened to. He made the stupid assumption that as she was in a nightclub - assumed she'd be legal!

Any person found guilty of not agreeing with my views should be made to sing naked in trafalgar square.
Goes without saying GH :D

Can I do the photography Patch whilst you do the dance in trafalger square?

The reason for the police issue is this, no human life is worth more than another, however the police will have to face greater dangers to protect us.

We have to respect them, because what they do is for our protection and for our general well being. They will perform thier duties without due care for thier own personal safety if they have to defend a member of the public.

For them to carry out this duty we have a duty to respect them and give them all the support we can.

If during the execution of their duty someone desides to kill them, I strongly believe they should recieve the death penalty, by way of castration, torture, and diembowelment, followed by a party.

Same goes for anyone who kills a perfectly innocent animal, you know the ones, those sad eyed dotefull pets.

No not the coppers! them pets we keep for christmas, then forget to take them out and feed them

Same goes for anyone who kills a perfectly innocent animal, you know the ones, those sad eyed dotefull pets.No not the coppers! them pets we keep for christmas, then forget to take them out and feed them
I make a living (partially) from killing pets.......... ;)

(he types awkwardly with his dog on lap - she's a bit well fed, started to refer to her as a fatterdale terrier.......)

I guess you could also say that electricians have a duty to keep people safe. So maybe if you kill an electrician you should be hanged as well.

I guess you could also say that electricians have a duty to keep people safe. So maybe if you kill an electrician you should be hanged as well.
If they kill me I hope soROTFWL