Siting Of Fused Switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when electricians get hung over the finer details of building regulations. Part M gives us guidelines on where the switches and sockets should be placed, but hold on, is this just for one type of disability?

What about white switch plates installed on a white wall? Why do they not produce braille markings? Usefull to the blind? well at least it would be for their visitors.

I worked on a project recently where building control made them install a ramp, yet every internal door was not wheel chair friendly. So they could get a wheelchair bound person into the building but apart from the disabled toilet they could not comfortably enter any of the rooms. Just madness IMO

I hate it when electricians get hung over the finer details of building regulations. Part M gives us guidelines on where the switches and sockets should be placed, but hold on, is this just for one type of disability?

What about white switch plates installed on a white wall? Why do they not produce braille markings? Usefull to the blind? well at least it would be for their visitors.

I worked on a project recently where building control made them install a ramp, yet every internal door was not wheel chair friendly. So they could get a wheelchair bound person into the building but apart from the disabled toilet they could not comfortably enter any of the rooms. Just madness IMO
But the muppets who come up with this stuff keep creating it! Worse still is the adherence to these regs and the hit and miss approach by the LABC's in making compliance necessary. You couldn't make this up.

Have you read Part Q?