Skeleton boards

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
e2c88381.jpg

Any ideas on how to get a new board in this rather cramped space, it's a wylex board?

I would prefer not to install a normal board outside of the box as it is a really narrow hall so would put the ccu right next to the pendant.

Also does anyone knw whether they will remove the timeswitch if they no longer keep economy 7

The problem I have is there is only 160mm hight to play with, I would think the standard boards on tlc would be to tall?? Unless timeswitch can go??

The problem I have is there is only 160mm hight to play with, I would think the standard boards on tlc would be to tall?? Unless timeswitch can go??
Boards is getting bigger to make room for RCBO's!!! :(

Think you are going to struggle with this one Lillpete. :| :_|

Do they use the E7?if they don't then they should ask their supplier for a standard rate meter and for the teleswitch to be removed (i.e. go on a standard rate tariff)
No they've replaced storage heaters with gas c/h so e7 is no longer a benefit to them to be honest

Lillpete I have a similar cupboard in my maisonette I rent from the council it was fitted with 17th split load board May last year they have fitted new CU to the side of box.

Was lucky enough to have a the sparks that installed it here last week, I asked him how comes not fitted in excisting cabinet and was told the maintenance company have looked into it but have found there are to many variables to make it cost effective to keep within cupboard allowing for possible changes.

Just what I was told, hope it helps.

Good luck with getting timeswitch removed a job I am doing at present they first said nothing wrong with meter which is two rate now they say they are due to be upgraded in a few years and they only pay one tariff anyway it seems to be a real problem to get dno to do anything these days.

Good luck with getting timeswitch removed a job I am doing at present they first said nothing wrong with meter which is two rate now they say they are due to be upgraded in a few years and they only pay one tariff anyway it seems to be a real problem to get dno to do anything these days.
surely the meter fairy would disconnect and leave in the cupboard lying down wouldnt they :^O

I did a property in Preston last year that had this type of skeleton board fitted, it was in the hallway and had the meter cutout and fuse board all inside, the DNO came out in about 20 minutes to disconnect so we could remove the board and refitted a new CU in its place. The wiring into the board was all in metal conduit and was earthed through the board itself.

MK have just brought out a sentry skeleton box. i dont know how this compares size wise with the wylex one, but you never know.