So is this the Answer to all our problems?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why hasn't this been developed further? Seems like the tech has been around for years. 2014 according to the article.
Research takes money, so I suspect lack of money. At a rough guess, this is a spin-off from the hemp industry looking to find a use for a waste product. It brings me back to one of my favourite mantras about spending money on pure research to make our economy strong again.

Why hasn't this been developed further? Seems like the tech has been around for years. 2014 according to the article.
Most likely cost. There's all manner of advanted tech in labs around the world but they are simply not economic to exploit. Yet. The times change along with the economics and puts a new light on old things.

PV panels have been around for decades but have only become truly economic relatively recently - because times changed.

Battery technology is a huge area for research these days, which is why old ideas as well as new breakthroughs are now worthy of interest.

Plus anything to do with graphene of course, the relatively new wonder material that promises to revolutionise almost everything, or so all the research grant applications will claim ;) A bit like fusion power perhaps, which seems to have been 'only' 20/30 years away ever since I was at school 50 years ago and is still 20/30 years away, apparently! LOL