Social integrator

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you " follow" areas of the forum you can filter the new content list and thus exclude results from the misbehaving social integrator. Best work around until a suitable punishment can be found to prevent social integrator bad behavior

I tried to find a 'report post' option on the SI posts surprising unlike the rest of our posts this option does not exist for SI posts.

Come on admin the website is getting cluttered with this SI nonsense.

I stand corrected went in for another look and found the report post option, guess I was tired yesterday. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh up :)

I can understand the use of these tools to increase traffic to the site, which is good because it keeps it going for everyone to enjoy.

As a newbie on this board, interested and wanting to join in (once I've found my feet), not being able to ignore/turn off notifications is off-putting, hinders engagement, and makes me not want to bother. I'd like to see the most recent "real" posts, to see if there's summat to which I could contribute.

The fact that there seems no way of hiding these posts - for those logged on - says at best, "lack of technical ability to tune the forum software," and at worst, "don't care what people think."

To re-iterate: "social integrator" tools can be useful for drawing people in. But if what they experience when they get here is irritating, then they're not going to stay and any net benefit turns into a net loss.

It seems the best solution would be to keep it (so it does its job) but find a way so it doesn't annoy folks. Is there a way to do that? :)

I have to admit that I am getting to the stage whereby I'm not inclined to visit. 

It seems an endless stream of pointless material is hitting the site via SI, if it were anyone else then they'd be banned for spamming.

lets have a level playing field in one area of life please. 

doesnt help when you click view  new content and the first thing posted is 'last week'. unless you know there is more and scroll down then it loks like no-one has posted anything recently

Only thing I would say is; is it necessary to put the SI posts under a banner i.e. Last week? 

Can they not just be at the top of the page, this way when a visitor lands on the new content page it will always be there but not distract from current postings? 

It appears SI is at it again. 😖💩

To my knowledge the SI posts are automatically added, so every so often there will be batches of new posts. (Some are part of the sponsorship funding agreements to keep the forum running). The tidying up (merging posts) was done manually when someone with the relevant privileges had free time to do some housekeeping. And I think many are aware that some members with those privileges (mods/admins), are very busy with their own personal business interests or family commitments. Now if more members decided to make additional voluntary financial contributions to the forum, the necessity for some sponsorship agreements would diminish. Either way, forums cost money to run. Sponsorship -vs- voluntary contributions is always an issue.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator: