Solar Pv Advice Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, finally got round to getting the installer to put the inverter in the storage room rather than the loft.

Is the Geo Solo something I can install myself? They are selling it at amazon at nearly half the price compared to what the installer is selling it for.

Yes your memory is spot on CB, I have one work well, the model I have which is 3 years old doesn't do on screen trending for the day week year like the sma sunny beam, but it works well and is easy to use. You can download the trends but I never do.

Thanks guys, finally got round to getting the installer to put the inverter in the storage room rather than the loft.

Is the Geo Solo something I can install myself? They are selling it at amazon at nearly half the price compared to what the installer is selling it for.
doddle to fit and very nice display, comes with an internet 'bridge' - be warned it sends a code to the display that lasts 10 minutes, so if you decide to use the website function, set up the dispaly to the meter first, then internet link it.

iv struggled to log into this site over xmas, managed to get in today.  Just an update from me that the installation went well... thanks guys for all the info, im not part of the solar energy community!
Iv got my inverter installed in the storage room as agreed... although they didn't go down a quick dummies guide on what the readings actually mean... see pic below and let me know what you think?

The installer hasn't assisted with getting the inverter connected to the internet... iv read some manuals online but it seems to refer to a bridge that comes with the inverter that should be installed... are you able to provide further info?

its a nice feeling being able to generate your own electricity...just hope we have more sunny days at least... im peaking at around 1700 kwt on the inverter... is that standard winter periods with 300 x12 LGs?

btw, happy holidays!

inverter.jpg

SMA have a bluetooth link usually that connects to your wifi - I've forgotten exactly how it works as I don't normally install anything these days. You don't really need it f you are buying a GEO.

1.7kw - very good for this time of year gven generally dark and crappy weather.

I think the manuals for the inverter say something about not mounting on combustible surfaces as well.

Canoeboy said:
That will be the special fireproof ply that they will be making CU's out of next, the metal ones melt so the LFB are now looking at fireproof ply instead :innocent
Nothing surprises me these days

it's in the main MIS document about not mounting inverters on flammable surfaces - not that I've seen any issue to date where this has been done by other companies

Ok just had a quick look and the reference I'm thinking of seems to have been removed fromthe DTI guide, so would suggest referencing the inverter manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.