Solar sensor placement

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all above you done, and working the house battery will be discharging to house load check the inverter lcd screen for
real time numbers. If not the battery is not set to discharge so check in the settings Basic or Advanced using the PW
from before to access the information.

So just to be clear to all of us here, with the CT clamp on the brown cable and the arrow pointing towards the meter, the inverter started discharging the battery into the grid i.e. you could see you were exporting? Where are you seeing the export level?
Post 23 picture shows the info for the direction of the CT Clamp....

The CT clamp on the brown Live cable but turn the Clampp around so the Arrow points towards Grid and do a Kettle test to se if the battery discharges at 3000w depending on your kettle wattage power output
An Quick test
So tried this setting and below is the result. Note I reset the inverter waited 5 mins

Attachments

• F8EE0C51-82B7-4653-A2FB-868EDBC58E63.jpeg
    F8EE0C51-82B7-4653-A2FB-868EDBC58E63.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 9518EF20-D0ED-49DB-AFD8-915FA26F4AD6.jpeg
    9518EF20-D0ED-49DB-AFD8-915FA26F4AD6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Then I did the same thing but faced it the other way and below is the results. Which I am appreciative saying has fixed the problem.

Attachments

• A6E1AF37-D3A6-4CBA-AA89-8CCF8733BD0E.jpeg
    A6E1AF37-D3A6-4CBA-AA89-8CCF8733BD0E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • EBF40F29-CB18-4A4C-A6B5-C68B3DFD9A27.jpeg
    EBF40F29-CB18-4A4C-A6B5-C68B3DFD9A27.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice one looks good,(y) check tomorrow the app or inverter when the sun is out, that the solar is charging batteries
and running house load.

Morning all, I can confirm it’s all working correctly, what a head scratcher. Thanks again.

Attachments

• BAF92484-E77F-4526-97AD-E9A8CF0AFAA3.jpeg
    BAF92484-E77F-4526-97AD-E9A8CF0AFAA3.jpeg
    330.5 KB · Views: 0
  • F4BF9C15-E945-4C3D-8802-C2CA7691AB05.jpeg
    F4BF9C15-E945-4C3D-8802-C2CA7691AB05.jpeg
    334 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for that however see this evenings screenshot 76% battery available and it chooses to get power from the grid.
My system won't respond to a load lower than 200w, so I constantly use 3kwh from the grid a day.

In your pic, the app is showing only 45w coming from the grid, which is how it would be. I think all grid tie inverters operate this way.

My system won't respond to a load lower than 200w, so I constantly use 3kwh from the grid a day.

In your pic, the app is showing only 45w coming from the grid, which is how it would be. I think all grid tie inverters operate this way.
This has been discussed in other threads on here, inaccuracies in the CT clamps/ meter is the root cause of problems.

That doesnt sound right. Are you using a power meter of CT for sensing?

In your pic, the app is showing only 45w coming from the grid, which is how it would be.
I cant see any screenshots showing 45w coming from the grid,

I think all grid tie inverters operate this way.
I'd have to disagree with you there. They all aim to have zero import and export whilst they charge batteries and feed the property. If you have zero export set then they have to work on a slight import which may be why yours doesn't work for less than 200w. Set an export limit of 250w and see what happens if my suspicions are correct.

That doesnt sound right. Are you using a power meter of CT for sensing?

I cant see any screenshots showing 45w coming from the grid,

I'd have to disagree with you there. They all aim to have zero import and export whilst they charge batteries and feed the property. If you have zero export set then they have to work on a slight import which may be why yours doesn't work for less than 200w. Set an export limit of 250w and see what happens if my suspicions are correct.
The 45w (actually 44w) is on his post he made at 1522.

Yeh last time we discussed the 200w limit you advised me then to alter the export limit, and I've got to admit I'd totally forgotten about it.

The reason I know about the 200w limit though, is my supplier told me when I was whining at him about still drawing from the grid. He told me that the equipment won't respond to loads under 200w. So when I check my stats and look at graph of purchased power, he's absolutely right, it's all under 200w, but pretty continuous all day.

But it's worth a try John to change my export limit. But that's not actually going to export anything is it?

The 45w (actually 44w) is on his post he made at 1522.

Yeh last time we discussed the 200w limit you advised me then to alter the export limit, and I've got to admit I'd totally forgotten about it.

The reason I know about the 200w limit though, is my supplier told me when I was whining at him about still drawing from the grid. He told me that the equipment won't respond to loads under 200w. So when I check my stats and look at graph of purchased power, he's absolutely right, it's all under 200w, but pretty continuous all day.

But it's worth a try John to change my export limit. But that's not actually going to export anything is it?
It may hover a little either side of zero, thats why it works, well it was the cause of a similar problem on my Growatt system.

Latest posts