Solis Inverters & Fox LV5200 Battery Connections

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to the site. I am based in the South, a NICEIC Approved Contractor, I work for myself with two permanent staff members, plus a couple of subbies. I recently completed the BPEC PV course, and I have a job starting very shortly. I am looking at using this for my MCS registration.

I have a question which may have come up before, but can anyone help me with the following please.

I am using the Fox LV5200 battery, and the 3.68kW Solis inverter. The battery lead pack that comes with the Fox battery, has the connector for the battery one end, and on the other end it has two ring connector crimps. However the Solis inverter uses a plug in fitting, (I think it is called an Amphenol type plug). Therefore the ring connector does not fit onto the inverter. I have asked the supplier and they knew nothing.

Am I missing a trick here..? I was wondering if the plug fitting on the inverter comes apart to expose a thread for the ring fitting, but I don't really want to open up the inverter (warranty etc). At present I can only see that a henley block arrangement would work, which I don't really want to do.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be really appreciated - thank you.

NES008.

I was hoping for a bit of advice on this, no one else had this problem I take it..? Thank you.
Nope, but depends where you buy gear from. I use Segen, generally you get 2 sets of leads and a battery isolator for which the ring crimps are needed. But I haven't used fox battery pack. The battery terminals usually have push on plugs on Solis inverters. I would unpack the gear and have a read of the manual, and double check what you have been supplied with.

Thank you for your reply. Solis does have the plug in connectors as you mentioned, but Fox supply rings on one end, and the other end has their connector for the battery. I haven't thought of a battery isolator as it goes. Thank you for the information, really appreciated. Out of curiosity, do you use Segen batteries & Segen inverters, or a mixture..? Fox & Solis are pretty much off the shelf, and I haven't really looked any further.

Thank you for your reply. Solis does have the plug in connectors as you mentioned, but Fox supply rings on one end, and the other end has their connector for the battery. I haven't thought of a battery isolator as it goes. Thank you for the information, really appreciated. Out of curiosity, do you use Segen batteries & Segen inverters, or a mixture..? Fox & Solis are pretty much off the shelf, and I haven't really looked any further.
Segen is a wholesalers, trade only, they have really good online system that specs everything you need for a job automatically, they do supply Solis and Fox inverters and batteries, amoungst other brands. It sounds like you are missing a set of leads, and battery isolator/ fuses.

When I got my Solis inverter it came with these leads. I fitted a DC isolator between the battery's and the inverter using the leads from the inverter to the isolator. Then purchased a set compatible with my battery's to the isolator

Latest posts