sometimes you wonder why you bother (awkward customer)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I fitted a replacement shower a week ago. Nothing at all unusual. Fitted a Triton t replace a very old Mira, same as I have fitted countless times, I find them cheap and basic but reliable.  All tested okay and seemed to work well.

2 days later customer phones "it's barely tepid"  So I go and check. Working fine.  I show her how to use it in case she is trying on the half power mode, and depart.

Another few days "I'm not very happy, it's still cold, I left it running half an hour and it didn't get hot"  So I go again.  Just as I expected, it's working fine. I re checked voltage and current to ensure it is working to spec. I ran it for 10 minutes in case there is a fault and it turns off after a bit, and it was fine. I showed the lady and she agreed it was hot enough.

Why do I get the feeling the phone is going to ring again.......

let's just say I would not wish to do that. She may be somewhat older than you are imagining.
A shower is an installed product, if there is a fault with it, she should contact the manufacturer. If there is 230v at the shower you have fulfilled your responsibility.

That is how redring and Dimplex operate.

There's also the minor point about it being winter and the water coming into her house won't be very warm .... so hardy any surprise that its not scolding!

It's not scalding, but it is plenty hot enough, too hot on it's highest setting.

Yes is she phone back again I will suggest she phones Triton.