Spare ballast socket for fluorescent/led fixture?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if you wanted it to be CE marked. Once you have modified it it is basically an enclosure with things in it, much like any adaptable box type thing.

However, it would not meet the requirements for it being legal to place on the market, and, you would be the one placing the modified equipment on the market, you would be the one breaking the law.

Like it or not.

However, it would not meet the requirements for it being legal to place on the market, and, you would be the one placing the modified equipment on the market, you would be the one breaking the law.

On the market? Does this include already installed fittings? What if I buy an empty enclosure and fit things in/on it?

i doubt the MI of the original fitting says you can modify it to fit LED
I think in a case like this, it would just invalidate any warranties, CE certification etc, since it's being modified for his own use, then a lot of stuff doesn't apply, a bit like angle grinders, it's illegal to sell them without a guard, however loads of people take the guards off. In your own home there's nothing anyone can do to stop you using an unguarded grinder at home, using it in a factory is different, but do it at home and if you get hurt it becomes a case of "stupid is as stupid does".

Latest posts