Spot The Fault™

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why couldnt they have taken the full access panel off of the board in the top pic, cut the trunking to fit, and then used some grommet strip? no bolting of the banjos in the second pic, was there bonding between the board and trunking in place? on top of that, there was too much inner/black/white insulation left on the SWA's in My opinion.

Andy Guinness

never heard of eddy currents?.....probably loads of nuisance tripping....hmm, wonder why....
funnily enough, there isnt any nuisence tripping

Why couldnt they have taken the full access panel off of the board in the top pic, cut the trunking to fit, and then used some grommet strip? no bolting of the banjos in the second pic, was there bonding between the board and trunking in place? on top of that, there was too much inner/black/white insulation left on the SWA's in My opinion.

Andy Guinness
on some boards they have cut a slot in the top

I like where the supply comes in on thr RHS.....looks like Mickey Mouse's ears surrounding the locknut

good argument for Earthnuts methinks
it is glanded correctly into the trunking, with a large earth attached to the banjo

for a neat hole i would have used a qmax instead of chewing through it...

All the lines through one hole and all the neutrals through another?
Fair comment;  looks like too many conductors of the same

type passing through one gland in the top pic.

Is that an aborted hole to the left?

Why cable ties in trunking?

SQ D Boards used to have a blank end plate and one with KOs , why didnt they just swap them over to make a neat job of it instead of a pigs ear ??? Who knows what goe son in some peoples minds

Nick

SQ D Boards used to have a blank end plate and one with KOs , why didnt they just swap them over to make a neat job of it instead of a pigs ear ??? Who knows what goe son in some peoples minds

Nick
thing is, the place has another few boards the same going into trunking, but all of them have 1 nice large hole instead of this

Latest posts