Square D RCDX

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadspark

Reaction score
Anyone know if more modern square D RCBO's can be used in place of these. It's got the two prongs at the top that clip into the busbar.

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

I am pretty sure that this is the one with the 2 u shaped clips on the rear. If so then the answer is NO. Nowt else will fit

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:01 ----------

I am pretty sure that this is the one with the 2 u shaped clips on the rear. If so then the answer is NO. Nowt else will fit
I really should have read the post properly!

I believe thats the old sort Edmundson sell the old style Sq D Rcbos but expect to pay upwards of

When you say " More modern" you're looking at the standard , looking MCB shape, like all the others .

What you have there is a "one off" nothing else like it AFAIK .

Looks like makers can supply obselete breakers but at a price , we needed a Bill Switchgear 50A type C , which now comes from MEM Eaton @

I am sure they do this on purpose. get you hooked on a product so you are depedent. Withdraw the product and then seriously slap you when you crave more! Nothing more than fricking drug dealers...think about it...Wylex NB, Wylex HB, MK LN series, Bill/MEM MCBS and MCCBs, SqD etc etc etc.

I have a client where the mcb board has a 'need' for all the mcbs to be replaced [dust and humidity have stopped some of them from resetting] 32 required at

When the 17th edition came out all the talk in the wholesalers was about "how rcbo prices would come down now"

I am still waiting.

If its in a domestic setting it would be cheaper to replace board rather than replace for a Rcbo.

Your case looks industrial, the answer to your question is yes you can get a replacement yes it will cost .

But you won't be paying and its a lot cheaper than changing the whole board.

In my opinion Sq D is quality and a joy to work with.

The board whilst it looks industrial is in a 5 bed house I'm doing a PIR on. One RCBO is faulty and another needs downgrading as a ring has been altered at some point and is now a radial on a 30 amp.

Cad Spark give her the options?

The board is due a change its old enough , my concern would be due to the age of the board and rcbos/mcbs if she won't

go for it tell her the price of a replacement rcbo.