stranded twin and earth

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Spark

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me how old approximatey 2.5mm stranded twin and earth is (copper) and is the cpc undersize for 32amp cpd?

thanks

Stranded T/E 2.5 was great to work with , I can't remember what size the earth was TBH . The size was 7/.029 if the earth is has 3 strands it will be 3/.029 which is equal to 1.5 mm . They also blessed us with solid strand 2.5 6491X , total nightmare to wire conduit with . Never see it these days .

Our leaders in their infinite wisdom dumped stranded when we went metric and introduced the solid strand carp that we are blessed with now. I think Andy tm gave a date in a ancient post, circa 1974 , Google it .

Stranded T/E 2.5 was great to work with , I can't remember what size the earth was TBH . The size was 7/.029 if the earth is has 3 strands it will be 3/.029 which is equal to 1.5 mm . They also blessed us with solid strand 2.5 6491X , total nightmare to wire conduit with . Never see it these days . Our leaders in their infinite wisdom dumped stranded when we went metric and introduced the solid strand carp that we are blessed with now. I think Andy tm gave a date in a ancient post, circa 1974 , Google it .
in all honesty, i find the stranded t+E is more flexible to put back intot he backs of sockets etc.

pretty sure Evans Electric is spot on I started in 1970 and was using the last of the imperial (real) cable before they brought out the metric which no one could understand, but then again half the population did not know why a new penny was so much smaller than an old penny but worth twice as much.

have already mentioned to Border patrol in case Apache tries to get back into Manchester for supplies for the winter.!

Our leaders in their infinite wisdom dumped stranded when we went metric and introduced the solid strand carp that we are blessed with now. I think Andy tm gave a date in a ancient post, circa 1974
There's stranded 7/.029 in our house, built in 1980. I was assuming this was somewhere at the end of the transition but maybe not?

Latest posts