Sunworks DB1C Dual Battery Charger Controller - what do the symbols mean?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+Sid

Reaction score
Does anyone know about these controllers? We have one in our motorhome but do not have an installation or user manual for it. It works ok in so far as it keeps the leisure batteries ( 2 x 12V lead acid) and cab battery topped up as in the photo but the display show 'B1 FAULT P' when the engine is running. Also, what do the 'P' and the '*' in the display mean?

I've scoured the Internet for some fault codes etc but have come up short. So far I've had no response from the manufacturer by email and they haven't answered their phone.

Attachments

• Sunworks Solar Controller.jpg
    Sunworks Solar Controller.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 0
You should have a control panel in your van somewhere that allows you turn everything off when the engine is running. With everything off your engine should still charge the leisure battery, and perhaps keep the fridge working at a low level. So I suspect the charge controller is objecting you having the engine running at the same time. One other point, never start the engine if you are on EHU, it blows the main fuse.

Thanks, just tried your suggestion binky but it hasn't made any difference. The solar doesn't appear to be routed through the control panel but wired as in the diagram. It does seem to be objecting to the engine running though.

Attachments

• Sunworksbatteryconnections.JPG
    Sunworksbatteryconnections.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, just tried your suggestion binky but it hasn't made any difference. The solar doesn't appear to be routed through the control panel but wired as in the diagram. It does seem to be objecting to the engine running though.
it will be looking at the battery voltage to try and charge it up, so if the engine is already feeding the battery, then it wont like it.

Latest posts