Support for workshop and practical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n1239999

Reaction score
Hi

I am currently studying the C&G level 2330 and need some help in improving my skills and knowledge in the practical aspect (Workshop) of the course.

Any ideas wehre i can do so and by any means such as books or websites?

Thanx a million.

Hello

I found Amazon stocked a comprehensive range of books which supported C&G 2330 lvl 2 and 3 . To get practical skills you might be fortunate enough to find a local electrician that would give you some work maybe some labouring to start and then some first fixing ie running cables fixing back boxes just to see how you progress with it all really as every job presents new challenges . Good luck with it and hope you can stick to it . :)

Best way is to make up a practise board as quite a few others will have done on this site. Go to screwfix buy a selection of different patress boxes and some 1.5,2.5 and some strapper cable, one way,two way, intermediate switches, lighting battons and some cheap sockets and just do it time and time again until you have it sussed out the way to wire lighting etc up. Also create the lighting faults normally found, perhaps even use junction boxes to wire in additional lighting off a main light (wall lights that sort of thing).

Use a cheap multi meter to check out the faults.

You can go a bit further and entirely at your own risk, put a 3 amp fused plug top on the this little rig to watch the lighting faults in action.

**Don't let anyone distract you when you do this and make sure you plug into a RCD protected circuit.

If someone gives you a bit of start latter you will have some of the very basics covered. The call from your mate who says he put up a light and it doesn't work because he wired it wrong.

Latest posts