Swa Cable Continuity

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your advice and kind words of wisdom binky I like the way you put it spot on..short course syndrome your not wrong! if I hadn't already invested so much already I would certainly have done things differently i would not advise these courses at all..none the less I'm trying to make the best of it. I don't sit on my arsenal all night I'm doing constant study/revision even finding my own study's etc I'm commited to learning an making the best of a bad situation i just stumbled across this site amongst many I've visited in the last couple months an thought I could gain some help and advice to be honest the college I've used are dreadful so I try to make the most of my spare time gaining as much information else where. Hope I havnt pissed off too many regulars on here an i will use your metheod of asking questions in future. Thank again.Is that the most recent inspection and testing book binky? So far I have obvs my level 3 book aswell as the regs book and the onsite guide but that book looks handy thank you.
I think you will have gained quite a deal of respect with this post

Thank you apologies for taking the wrong approach new to the site all advice taken on-board and learned from my mistakes will certainty be on here for more guidance and would like to say I appreciate your honesty and paitence. Many thanks everyone to be honest had very little experience infact next to none before I completed my level 2 last week which was only 7 weeks ago i started. I was a motor mechanic before so it's a little diffrent I'm now doing my level 3 while I completely understand your views on the intensive course I assure you I'm trying to make the best of the shambles these course offer so i really appreciate your help and advice.

spot on Micky. I myself converted from electro-mechanical engineering via a very short course over 10 years ago, as have quite a few others on here. It isn't easy, the theory is straight forward, it's the hands on that can only be learn't the hard way. I was fortunate to be taught 'house bashing' by an old friend which really got me going. I actually feel I am a better theory electrician than many full time apprenticed types because I spent so much time going out of my way to learn and understand, but still not a patch on many of the regulars on here, particularly in respect to large 3 phase works. I did learn an awful lot from the screwfix forum oddly enough, the viscious personal arguing was quite informative, though completely unnecessary most of the time. Hence the post, I'm quite keen to keep this forum friendly, and have a bit more sympathy to those retraining than some, and don't like to see people get kicked, unless they truly deserve it :^O

so we need a new forum - car mechanics, head honcho Micky

Micky,  ti your advantage, at least you have came from a practical hands on job, so at least you have the manual ability, I would think, 

The bigger problems come with some people that have retrained from 'clerical' type positions. 

BTW, there are quite a few on here that like to dabble with the internal combustion engine, among other things, even steam engines I would say.

Jeez, Deke computer runs on coal!   :slap . ,,,,,   ;)

Latest posts