The Niceic Group, And Todays "april Fools" Joke......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about if you became the NICEIC QS for the whole of Brum, then the Niccy membership would drop drastically but all would be compliant with their rules. All sparks in the Brum area would work under your umbrella company?

It wouldn't feel so painful for you then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What about if you became the NICEIC QS for the whole of Brum, then the Niccy membership would drop drastically but all would be compliant with their rules. All sparks in the Brum area would work under your umbrella company?

It wouldn't feel so painful for you then :)
Thats not a bad idea, but why limit it to just brum, im sure Deke Enterprises can cover all of England & Wales (but not jockland, no-one wants to work there)

Thats not a bad idea, but why limit it to just brum, im sure Deke Enterprises can cover all of England & Wales (but not jockland, no-one wants to work there  There's no need to be a member of a scam there as there's no..........)
corrected that for you.

Thats not a bad idea, but why limit it to just brum, im sure Deke Enterprises can cover all of England & Wales (but not jockland, no-one wants to work there)
You know what .........I'd rather be going out to a job in the van , toolbox  & flask at the ready ....overcoming problems , using what skills I have, to do something practical & worthwhile .

And earn an honest shilling at the same time .

'and do you think its right having 1 person looking after so many electricians is safe'

'well the QS system says yes'

Not gonna happen  ;)      They wouldn't want me .... years ago the NICCY man mentioned in passing that he was off to a cable manufacturers meeting of some sort ....... I said could he ask if they would dump the solid strand 2.5  & return to stranded 7/.029 type . 

I never forgot the answer ....... " Why do think they'd be interested in what you say ?" 

What I find odd with this post is the full day assessment.

I have been NICEIC A/C for 29 years, the very first assessment was a full day, the other 28 have been half day if that.

The appointment is always sent a month in advance and if you notify straight away no additional charges for changing.

I had one today, arrived at 8:30am gone by 12:00pm, so really what is it with you guys and all day assessments.

I just read the OP  again ,( I don't always take things on board these days )   What a furcking nerve  ...how dare they drop something like that on you  !!!

Do they state that the assessment is a full day  or half a day ?     And after ...how many years have they been assessing .?......... why do they feel the need to waste our time for a whole day ...AND ...have the threat of a fine hanging over you ...............I can't go on ..I'm speechless .....  

Steve  -you lucky barsteward. All bar one of our assessments were full day - we were always told that DI got half day - AC had full day.

They`ve had a cancellation; shoved me in the gap, and tried to ram it up my arse at the same time. Sorry - I don`t play that game.

FOUR people at (not) nicey promised I`d get a callback today - didn`t happen. I assume the training course over-ran, and they didn`t turn in for work today.Not even a poxy email.

Screw `em  -Especially EC :)

kme,how long have you been A/C, I wonder if its a contract thing, like when I signed up all those years ago it stated full day first assessment and half day there after.

Is it possible that at a later date this changed to a full day.

What do other A/C on here have, is it full or half ?

As I understand it the size of the company has a lot to do with day / half day.

From what I understand from our assessor a company like my employer who is a largish local contractor (although not in the league of the big nationals)

a) requires a least two QSs, and b) will always require a full day assessment.

I'd imagine the one/two/three/four/five man bands of jobbing sparks would only require half day?

It is to do with when you registered, all AC's after a certain registration date are supposed to have a full day, and it is supposed to be nationwide.

Those registered before can carry on with a half day.

It's apparently a UKAS thing.

Not wishing to throw a spanner but..

We have been NICEIC Chariddddyyyyyyy Contributors and Fat Cat Salary payers since the day they crawled out of the primordial soup way back in 1956

At one time we employed 20+ sparks.....never had more than half a day

So let me think now, almost 60 years of subs....surely I must be in line for a crack at EC, or a medal, or both, or something, or free membership, or a free regs book, or ....the list goes on

59 years on and still not a "proper electrician".....one day Rodders, one day!

Maybe when you reach the status of 'proper electrician' then NICEIC will recognise your commitment to achieving such status!!
Not sure about Commitment.......i think i should be "commited"

60 years FFS....i /we have employed someone for 60 years!...i wonder if due to recent gov regulations I will now have to chip in extra for their pensions fund?.......it is a Charity , you know?....they all work for free or for the love of it

Sorry, typo. When I put 'it' i actually meant massive salaries

No offence

Latest posts