The Niceic Group, And Todays "april Fools" Joke......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I`ve been AC for 8 yrs now - and, after the `phone & email roasting, I was "promised" someone would get back to me- 

Surprise of the f`in day  -they STILL haven`t bothered, so stuff `em!!!!!

Perhaps you should draw Ms clancy's attention to this and remind her that it is You paying for Their Service, not them paying for yours. Ask her what her attitude would be if one of her registered sparks behaved as she allows her firm to act?

And you think she`d listen ( or even hear about it??). 

Nah - I`ll just jump to Stroma. I`ve only one client who currently wants NIC membership - if I lose them, its no great shakes, in the grand scheme of things......

well I've just had my MCS and AC inspection - finished MCS by 2pm, which makes a change, AC basically 2 hours, but we have had the same assessor for years which helps.

i think ill be sending elecsa an email... either match stroma price, or i wont be renewing... wonder what they will say?

EDIT: just sent them this

[SIZE=12pt]My membership is due for renewal in the next few month. Stroma are charging £288 inc VAT. You can either match that price, or this email is your notice not to renew membership once current expires[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
i think ill be sending elecsa an email... either match stroma price, or i wont be renewing... wonder what they will say?

EDIT: just sent them this
I doubt they will respond. When I decided to go with Stroma I immediately cancelled my Elecsa DD,as I didn't trust them not to take my renewal. I sent them a polite email explaining I wasn't renewing and 3 months later I am still waiting for a response!

I recently phoned them on the subject of reduced charges for those who do not notify many jobs but they have nothing in place to cover that .

As many will know , I'm now semi-retired  ...do a few new builds ..some EICRs  ......repairs/faults./ alterations ....    bathrooms & kitchens/ board changes ( not my jobs so I don't notify them ) ...and a small amount of industrial work  .   I should be Stroma....ing really  .

I recently phoned them on the subject of reduced charges for those who do not notify many jobs but they have nothing in place to cover that .

As many will know , I'm now semi-retired  ...do a few new builds ..some EICRs  ......repairs/faults./ alterations ....    bathrooms & kitchens/ board changes ( not my jobs so I don't notify them ) ...and a small amount of industrial work  .   I should be Stroma....ing really  .
In  a previous post you said you only notified 2 jobs.  Did those 2 jobs even pay the cost of membership?

Perhaps resign from the clutches of the scams, breathe in the fresh air, and do 2 jobs a year less?

House still for sale in the Highlands   :innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
In  a previous post you said you only notified 2 jobs.  Did those 2 jobs even pay the cost of membership?
probably not, although the main reason i dont notify much (compared to before) was simply because of the change of what is notifiable. bathroom downlights are now not notifiable. tbh, im surprised the scams didnt complain about these changes because of what they would lose

Right - update:

"apparently" - according to the bods on the other end of the `phone at nicey - reasons for a full day assessment are one of the following:

1. You have more than one QS ( not me)

2. Jobs to visit are more than 30 mins away (nope.....)

3. Jobs to view are large installations ( erm......define "large")

IF, ( and its a big "if"), that is correct; then I just ensure I show `em small jobs.....if I decide to stay with `em.

Didn't they try this "day" assessment on with another one of the AC guys on here earlier this year?

Canoeboy said:
Thanks for posting that Paddler ,  unfortunately it told me ****** all about who exactly they are .  I see they do "Third party Assessments "  then loads of other stuff nothing to do with us . 

Didn't they try this "day" assessment on with another one of the AC guys on here earlier this year?
Yes I thought it sounded familiar TBH  !!

Right - update:

"apparently" - according to the bods on the other end of the `phone at nicey - reasons for a full day assessment are one of the following:

1. You have more than one QS ( not me)
even if you employed 500 staff, you would only need 1 QS anyway...

I'd like to know who & what they are ,  did they spawn from an insurance company or what .  

Just remembering that at the start of Plart Plee  there were people like Zurich Insurance  & Fensa  in the mix .

Deke, when I looked into it, and between searching t'interweb, and speaking to a very nice lady from Stroma on the phone, it seems it started off from a guy that was fed up being ripped to shreds by the big boys for notifying a few small jobs every year, so he started his own up, and it simply snowballed to encompass all notifiable stuff, including electrics, he didn't start it off as notifying partP work, it just sort of got there. 

Latest posts