The ongoing "racist" campaign continues.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But KIng James tweaked it to suite his needs, did he not? 

I have been meaning to try and get versions of the original 70 odd gospels - I've always been intereted in how different they are from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And just these 4 have been written for different converts, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong but Matthew was written for Jewish converts, hence cites a lot of old scriptures from Jewish prophecy and text. 

There is one other point that always gets me about 'organised religion'. We have a god of peace and love, but most of the hymns are about christain soldiers, kings of this and that, fighting the good fight, and war - call me strange but it doesn't add up  :^O
Don't know about any tweaking. Up until then the only bible was in latin and only allowed to be read by the priests. King James 'Authorised' it ie allowed it to be printed and available for the common people to read. You can't really tweak the text, original greek and Hebrew manuscripts still have to be translated by scholars and that translation has stood the test of time. 

In Christianity and fights or battles are of the spiritual sense. Fighting the good fight. No killers in NI for example, on any side can be classed as Christian. God is a god of Love and peace. Its us that divide ourselves and cause all the violence and sectarianism. 

The risk with erasing history is of it repeating itself without these reminders. 

I can't imagine, if we hadn't have had Churchill, that these tw@ts would have had such freedoms to "protest" so openly. It's unpunished, blatant criminal damage. It goes unpunished as we have ineffective, hampered policing. Gone are the days of respect for the Police. Wouldn't happen for long under Putin or in Beijing. The dark forces of the State would soon track down the ringleaders. 

Love the way too that the press uses the "Rascist Statue Defenders" tag. Amazed at a few white, liberal people I know going on and taking their kids to these marches, jumping on the BLM bandwagon (in this current climate) to feel good about themselves.

Protest within the law - fine

breach the law - then punishment should be inevitable. No one is above the law. 

sadly as with all other things the law appears to be on a race to the bottom. So as it continues we will end with nothing but anarchy   :C  

Problem is the Police are scared that people will call them r a c i s t 

I fear for whats happening now, and all the time we have MP's abusing their position (Dawn Butler) say things in the HOC nothing will change ..........

And now the BBC are saying they are going to have more diverse programs - I thought that they had been doing that for over a decade already!

Don't know about any tweaking. Up until then the only bible was in latin and only allowed to be read by the priests. King James 'Authorised' it ie allowed it to be printed and available for the common people to read. You can't really tweak the text, original greek and Hebrew manuscripts still have to be translated by scholars and that translation has stood the test of time. 

In Christianity and fights or battles are of the spiritual sense. Fighting the good fight. No killers in NI for example, on any side can be classed as Christian. God is a god of Love and peace. Its us that divide ourselves and cause all the violence and sectarianism. 

I know someone tried to re-write the bible - it's a long time since I saw that history programme.

It's the language of 'fighting' that could easily be misused to justify killing non-believers....   I just find it an oddity for a peace and love god, perhaps we should sing 'onward christian huggers'  :D

But who is justifying killing non-believers? 
ISIS for one, Spanish Inquisition without (comfy chairs and soft cushions) for another, then there was the Crusades an firk knows how many other wars justiifed in the name of religion, and not forgetting the 700 years of abuse of the Irish Catholics (our first bit of empire) and the failed attmpt by Guy Fawkes to kill of a protestant parliament. At short, there's been a lot of extremists over the millenia who use warped versions of religion to justify genocide murder and abuse. Shameful behaviour in the name of a god of peace and love. 

Religion is a man made interpretation of the written word. You can not blame a god of peace and love for the behaviour of the human that is not following his word. That’s like me blaming you for the way your children have turned out even though they don’t live at home? 

I'm not blaming god for the dreadful actions of mankind

Basically I don't believe in any god(s) as depicted by religion despite being raised Roman Cotholic. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-religion, it has been a force for good on many occasions. Take out the first commandment, and you basically have a code for living a good life, and that is somthing I agree with. Morals are somehting I think is lacking at high levels in today's society.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not blaming god for the dreadful actions of mankind

Basically I don't believe in any god(s) as depicted by religion despite being raised Roman Cotholic. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-religion, it has been a force for good on many occasions. Take out the first commandment, and you basically have a code for living a good life, and that is somthing I agree with. Morals are somehting I think is lacking at high levels in today's society.
quite right Mr Binks, morals are seriously lacking in today’s world followed by discipline, respect for others etc

I won't be  "Taking the Knee "   anytime soon  , I would need my knee pads  and a hand to get up again . 

I'm now seeing "Black lives matter "     everywhere .    I'd rather be seeing  ...ALL lives matter  TBH. 

But that’s the point Deke, they now have the full attention of the world and it is ALL that we hear now. so when are they going to change, they have the same opportunities as any poor white kid so what’s the difference coz I don’t see colour matters either way to how your life turns out.  

And just to highlight the injustices. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53145201

look at how the banner is described. 
I rest my case 

Ultimately this whole problem is the struggle for equal justice between....   Wealth & Authority -VS- Poverty & Low Social Status...

The way things may or may not have been historically, none of us can change...

But its the way we do things TODAY that matter..

And IMHO today colour & ethnic background is not the same in every country globally..

What happens in America may not be quite the same as in every other country worldwide..

I am pretty sure that there are people of non-black ethic backgrounds who feel just as oppressed and treated with the same sort of injustice..

BUT..  for whatever reason..   they don't get the backing of a massive following from rallies, celebrities, sports events etc...

I think for example of the parents of Harry Dunn, loss of life due to the actions of an American working in this county..

who for some obscure reason can be denied the chance for equal justice!? 

Maybe Harry was the wrong ethnic background to be entitled equal recognition?...

Just wondering??

:C        

ALL LIVES MATTER

Last edited by a moderator:
they have the same opportunities as any poor white kid so what’s the difference coz I don’t see colour matters either way to how your life turns out.  

We don't seem to see the " unfairness card "   or  "Look at how dreadful we are treated card "  played  by Asians , particularly those who were thrown out of Uganda  , leaving everything behind , yet  appear to prosper in this country . 

Just saying . 

My "beef" is now with the BBC who have announced spending £100 million of licence fee payers money to increase "representation".

I was under the impression that they've been doing this for over a decade ........................ and I fear that they think that London and Manchester are representative of the UK - which they are not.