The ongoing "racist" campaign continues.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well well well... Take a look at leicester... All the courgettewits with their protests etc, are reaping the rewards now. Stand by for corona virus phase two.. Hate to say i told you so, and i hope the NHS treat them as they deserve to be treated, that is, not at all. Why should NHS staff risk themselves to help these courgettewits.

Oh dear, what a shame.. just feel sorry for the indigenous folks there..

john..

liverpool may be the same in a few weeks

I hear what you are saying miss Swede, but when they sit and call another country their homeland even though they are British then what are we to say that isn’t deemed to be ignorant? 

So who is making the colour of skin a problem? 

I rest my case. 

Why should they ignore their history? I'm Irish Catholic scouse, I'm also British,. Scots Welsh and Irish living their are proud of their roots as are many English people. But if people are more proud of their roots than where they were born, as you suggest,, that tells you they don't feel part of this society - why is that? .

Skin colour is a problem still, much reduced, but raising it's ugly head again under the pretext of nationalism. I do think it's more about predjudice than racism some times, ie those from poor working backgrounds stand less chance of making high office in the UK.  When looking for an apprentice, anyone with visible tattos was straight in the bin, and I avoided women of child bearing age as employees - just couldn't afford to pay someone to be off work for that length of time. I used to check applicants FB profiles, anything I didn't like the look of ruled that candidate out immediately - so I was interviewing based on my predjudices, and those that I felt may upset customers.  

I didn’t say they should ignore history, acknowledge it recognise it but don’t harp on about it forever. It happened we can’t deny it and shouldn’t but don’t mKe it an excuse for today. 

and yes perhaps you have a valid point with respect to prejudices, but again is that an individuals choice or is it the direction that society has pushed us based upon experiences? 

Because that man, although he may face a whole lot of issues, does not have to add ”skin colour” to the things he has to overcome. 

I understand what you are saying... 

But there is also another side to the coin, where certain people choose to use their skin colour as an excuse for being outside of the normal rules of society..

The underlying problem in society as a whole is still fundamentally  wealth & authority...   

and those with little wealth or authority learn how to play the system to get as much as they think they are entitled to..

which is typically learnt as a child via their parenting or lack of parenting...     Irrespective of skin colour!

But if two youngsters are confronted for the exact same breach of rules, replies typically include phrases like... 

"You can't do that to me",

"I know my rights",

"I am entitled to this that or the other"

etc..

but if one happened to have dark skin, they also add...

"you can't do that to me your being racist".

I have experienced the above accusations numerous times while assisting to run a youth centre in our town from around 1995-2015..

Even though the rules were applied equally to everyone!

So teenagers born and bred in the UK, have grown up with an attitude that prevents them from recognising the exact same rules that all other members of society should adhere to..

also apply to them,  yet if they breach the same rules....  somehow skin colour is the cause?

So where do they get this perception from...  parents, school, mates, media??

:C

It’s the comments

“That’s not how we do it”

or

” you people don’t understand our ways “

that get up my nose. This is the UK. 

try that attitude in France and see how it goes down!

And we are racist?? 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53246899

think the perception needs to be looked at from a different angle, more a ‘what we do for all these BAME persons’ 

??

Racism is imbedded in suitable forms eg what we do we generally think of Gypsies? News reporting of a stabbed white child will harp on about the future they have lost, but doesn't do the same for black children, so we just assume it was gang land drug fight. Our opinions are 'coloured' by the subtle, constant, negative reporting. When recruiting apprentices I liked to pick young people from poorer backgrounds who showed a desire to improve themselves, now there arn't many black or asian people in Plymouth, and less that wanted to be a sparky. There are a few asylum seekers, and I was quite tempted by a Libyan fella who apparently had been a high level bodyguard, but generally I went for white kids because I wanted to help my own community first. That in it's own right, looking back with hindsight,  could be deemed racist, it was certainly predjudiced based on my own laziness to understand that actually the BAME candidate could well have been a much better option,  because to succeed in a 'new country' you have to work twice as hard as the locals - something I hadn't considered. It is these small decisions that hold back the BAME community, and prevents their proper integration into our society, and no, I'm not proud of my own behavior.

Oddly enough I did have a Hong Kong Chinese office manager, but I can't see the general public wanting 3 million more in the UK. I did hear on the radio that they are considering building Hong Kong 2 up in the North West - I quite like that idea. 

So teenagers born and bred in the UK, have grown up with an attitude that prevents them from recognising the exact same rules that all other members of society should adhere to..

also apply to them,  yet if they breach the same rules....  somehow skin colour is the cause?

There is always a minority Tomatoe'd brigade, we certainly have enough home grown benefits scroungers, and you just have to watch the police with camera programmes to see how that behaviour from lots of white people.. Watch programmes about schools and most of the BAME community kids want to be doctors, lawyers and nurses. Watched 'Black is the new Black' on TV last night - worth a watch, it certainly changed some of my lazy, uneducated perceptions. 

Having listened to the first half of you first video I have to say that that is exactly my mantra, it is not about the colour of skin it’s about the integrity of the person. 
I'm surprised you made it past the first Hail Mary.

The second part of the video goes into how BLM is a racist terrorist organisation threatening to take apart society. It is also pro-homo and anti-family.

That accidental racism cannot be helped if certain cultures choose to live criminal lifestyles then you must be on your guard.

I am by no means an accepter of Catholicism, however I do believe that racism as most things only exist through attitudes. If people were to think more before they speak then most of the bad stuff that exists in the world would not be here. How does a persons colour determine how or who they are? It doesn’t, but their behaviour, mannerisms, attitudes, morals, etc does display who this person is. Now sadly as with everything in this weird world way of doing things the minority are given more exposure than the majority, whether this is Islamic extremists, a few skinheads, a few black drug dealers/gangs, etc etc. Suddenly every Muslim is considered to be dangerous extremist, every skinhead is a far right extremist, every black person is a drug dealer or gang member, now that is as said no more than a Prejudice view but given that the media love a minority driven story to bulk their ‘news’ agenda then the perspective is slurred and suddenly society is steered to a specific view/opinion. 
let’s look at what’s gone on in the cases of Mr Floyd in America and the second gentleman killed by American police. There has been an outcry of racism and black life matters but if we are to look at the facts Mr Floyd was a known criminal with a violent background who was breaking the law followed by resisting arrest. Yet little is made/spoken of about this, but apparently he died through racism ? The second chap,  whose name escapes me, was stopped by the police for breaking the law, again he resisted arrest, he took an officers taser and used it against him then is shot by the second officer, now this officer is up for murder, and again nothing is made of the fact that this guy was breaking the law with his behaviour. So where is law and order applied?  Yes a loss of life is tragic in any circumstances, but there are people being shot dead each and every day and no racism word is spoken but put an white guy in a uniform and suddenly the most important thing is Racism? 
then we have a minority ethnic stab to death 3 innocent friends not committing  any crimes and how much airtime did that get, how much of an outcry was there how many protests? 

the worlds way is wrong and doesn’t work in any way shape or form. Humans are clearly no better than the other animal species on the planet, perhaps that’s where the evolution theory comes from? we think we are clever but really we are not. 

sensus fidelium - Catholic extremists, so not surprised they have raised issues of homophobia and family.

There is a contimued subtle bias agaianst Roman Catholics in the UK - just look at our history teaching us about the Spanish Armada and Guy Fawkes, and more recently the IRA.

Racism and predjudice are all about ignorance, combine that with a big gob and you have the likes of Trump! It's fair to say, those with the biggest gobs get most press, and that tends to be extemists.  Social media doesn't help either, it learns waht you look at and like, then feeds more of the same towards you thereby reinforcing polarised attitudes

You have to remember the 2 videos are only the recent cases caught on camera, how many more cases aren't filmed? Floyd had also been 'clean' for 10 years, which would suggest he was an 'angry young man' and behaved accordingly. In the USA it seems quite clear to me that black people are definetly treated differently in some areas. Black people also complain about being treated differently in the UK, such as when the SUSS laws were being enforced, the cops wouldn't bother white young people walking down the same road at the same time as young black people. 

In all this, the historical stuff is just that, how we deal with the situation going forward is the more important question, but you need to understand history to learn the best way to progress.