Theres a strange thing !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The phone just rung , I Googled the number  , the usual sales carp .    

This prompted me , don't  know why , to Google my own landline  No.    There  are a couple of entries , created by   :C    that announce that the number relates to Evans Electric  ...    followed by ...  Address....etc .

Then two strange things :

1)   Some pictures of NICEIC , NAPPIT , logos etc  and finally a picture of my local Denmans branch which I've used for years.     How do they know I use this branch ??

2)  The following lettuced which I repeat  verbatum  , complete with odd English. 

In Birmingham was started the enterprise called Evans Electric.              The address is...................    Evans Electric  company zeroes on two branches, Electrics & Elect. Contracting  & Electrical Services.

They are the best in the business. There can't be a place for regrets but for happiness if you have chosen that company.         Convince yourself that this enterprise Evans Electric has the best things& their staff will be always ready to solve your every wish . 

:C

Another entry  has a comment from someone  who says we are rude & pushy :eek: and  ...Martin :C doesn't want to quote if he's not getting the work .   Or words to that effect. 

Who the hell is Martin  and I sincerely hope I have never been rude and pushy in my life !!!!        (There is a local,  bigger firm called  Evans Electrical    )  Whether they have a Martin who is rude & pushy I don't know . 

I take it your numbers are not ex-directory or are these business numbers? I've just googled both landline and mobile and it seems I don't exist on the inter Web? Yippee. 

Not ex - directory  Sharpie ,  I'm in the B,ham phone book  under my  name  .  

I was  in Yellow pages  for a short while  but I'm sure that was cell phone only  .   

I'll go back and  note where they originated from .   Back in a jif . 

Just taken a look .   One is from Companies- gb.com  Birmingham electricians. :C

One from  Loc - Birmingham ...Agricultural materials  Retail & Consumer . :C

And    Yell .  :redcard

Its the Denmans branch picture that puzzles me . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think not being ex directory will make your number easily available. How they link it to agriculture is interesting. The denmans link may just be pot luck? 

@Evans ElectricDo you have a 'smart' phone with gps & wifi? 

I used to have.my old work phone setup so google would follow me everywhere and leave digital breadcrumbs everywhere I went.

It got quite annoying, but it was quite interesting what it would pick up.

For example if I was stuck in traffic in a certain area it would recommend a coffee shop that I went to once that had been closed for at least 2 years. 

:C

You can take ownership of your Google profile.

:)

Not one of these: :slap

first-car-phone.jpg.4d9766525b8906a76e6dab5bc1a79e2f.jpg

One of these.

16746dd38c5dadc8acb66d088b38dba1.jpeg.f37b4f04be04ff3f2734ccf79e1a52ff.jpeg

Assuming Denmans has a Wi-Fi network then Google would have picked up that it's a place you frequent.

:)

Latest posts