Theres Always A Catch Somewhere

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bloke rings the bell tonight , from Virgin Media , I have some great offers from Virgin . 

Offers me Broadband  @ 500 megohms or something,plus telephone  for £23  month .  This appears to be a big saving .

I never buy at the door so he emails the details for me to look at later .

I just looked ............ the offer is as he said ...except its only for 12 months , when it goes up to 10p less than I already pay to BT .    :C

If it's VM direct wired it will be faster than BT.

There are 2 types of BB, ADSL/VDSL & Virgin wired in the most of the UK.

If you are in a Virgin wired area (aka NTL, or the old "cable" wired areas) then this, will, be faster, if it's up to the latest standards.

We are extremely lucky, we have the option of Virgin direct wired & VDSL, & we have a device that can select the fastest connection to use, and as we have one of each, we download most on Virgin & upload most on BT Business, that gives us a good connection.

its a 12 month contract at £23 month then it goes up to virtually the same as BT .   All the cabling is in this area and they write every month with offers of bundles of things I don't want .   Millions of TV channels ....I hardly watch the 300 odd we already have on Freesat TBH  .

I had an offer once for Virgin or Sky saying I could watch my favourites like Dad's Army  etc ....all  ex BBC programmes . So I could pay the license fee ..THEN I could pay Sky again to watch the same programmes.  :C

Latest posts