Thermtec 2.75/3kw domestic Immersion heater thermostat size?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S60TEM

Reaction score
i've been asked to go and replace two of these but i've recieved no more info. Just wondering if any of you guys would know of the bat?

7, 11 or 18" ?

Failing that i'll have to go take one out but it's an after hours job which would mean dragging it out over 2 days/ nights with the miles in between too! :(

anyone help?

could be any size i think so options would be pick up a few different sizes with and without cut outs or take a look and see what size they are. Link for company below.Untitled Document
you cannot fit them without the cutouts now, as from 2004 it became regulation to have the safety cutouts on them.

Looks like i'm doing 2 trips or buying 6 thermostats and 1 trip....DOH! I hate letting agents, they're useless!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:21 ----------

Be aware !!

From April 2004, new and replacement Immersion Heater Thermostats need to incorporate an overheat safety cut-out so that if the water thermostat fails, the water in the cylinder will not overheat which could cause scalding water to come out of the taps.

If you have an old Thermostat without the overheat safety cut-out which you are thinking of fitting, don't - fit a new Thermostat with an overheat cut-out.

you cannot fit them without the cutouts now, as from 2004 it became regulation to have the safety cutouts on them.Looks like i'm doing 2 trips or buying 6 thermostats and 1 trip....DOH! I hate letting agents, they're useless!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:21 ----------

Be aware !!

From April 2004, new and replacement Immersion Heater Thermostats need to incorporate an overheat safety cut-out so that if the water thermostat fails, the water in the cylinder will not overheat which could cause scalding water to come out of the taps.

If you have an old Thermostat without the overheat safety cut-out which you are thinking of fitting, don't - fit a new Thermostat with an overheat cut-out.
but you would not have to fit one if its built into the immersion it either would need to be fitted as part of the immersion or in the stat so you could use your old stats on new immersions with built in cut out simples.