Today's customer handiwork 🤦‍♀️

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following on from a previous thread, today I returned to a job to find one rather short leg, now dabbed in position, and one cable lying on the floor....

Fortunately I was ahead of the plasterer

Attachments

• IMG_20230405_102710.jpg
    IMG_20230405_102710.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230405_102701.jpg
    IMG_20230405_102701.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
That reminds me of a rewire on a refurb. I had laid the cables across and through the joists for downlights in the kitchen. Photographed and measured from below before the plasterboard went on for the ceiling.

Went back once ceiling was up, cut the downlight holes, not one cable was to be found fishing through the holes or looking with a mirror.

Thankfully the floor had not been fully boarded upstairs (bathroom) so I was able to lift the boards for a look. "someone" had very helpfully (not) unthreaded my cable and left it coiled up in the middle of the room well away from any downlight holes.

That reminds me of a rewire on a refurb. I had laid the cables across and through the joists for downlights in the kitchen. Photographed and measured from below before the plasterboard went on for the ceiling.

Went back once ceiling was up, cut the downlight holes, not one cable was to be found fishing through the holes or looking with a mirror.

Thankfully the floor had not been fully boarded upstairs (bathroom) so I was able to lift the boards for a look. "someone" had very helpfully (not) unthreaded my cable and left it coiled up in the middle of the room well away from any downlight holes.
Well, at least they couldn't put a screw through a cable 🤣

and then the customer complained at all the holes in the ceiling when they only wanted 1 light in the middle of the room