tool totes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah such threads make me want to spend money i havent got! I personally have the 18" Fat Max tote and its been through hell and its still in one piece think i only paid

Ok guys this is a serious question. Why in the holy carp would anyone use a tote? We all work outside from time to time and one rain shower and your tools are rusty inevitably. An enclosed toolbox is the only answer keeps em dry and covered, less likely target for tool "magpies" and best off all is a handy hop-up for stuff you can't reach. Serious arguments only!!
I'm a box man so agree with this trouble is my trusty stanley one has unfortunately got a crack in the lid which explains why a couple of times recently the tray has got a little water logged.

Ok guys this is a serious question. Why in the holy carp would anyone use a tote? We all work outside from time to time and one rain shower and your tools are rusty inevitably. An enclosed toolbox is the only answer keeps em dry and covered, less likely target for tool "magpies" and best off all is a handy hop-up for stuff you can't reach. Serious arguments only!!
try lugging a box onto a roof, or even just up scaffolding.

I have 3 boxes that I regularly use, and also a carppy little ryobi bag, my last tote fell apart,

everything has its place, for normal domestic bits and bobs I feel a bag is better, for more major stuff I have one of my boxes, then I have my wheelie box for when I have to walk a mile [factories etc],

everything has a use, but I cant be doing with those vest thingies,,,,,,,