Tools Explained

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the TV News station us video editors used to send the new journalists out for some more timecode......... :->

(Those HH:MM:SS:FF numerals displayed on video, used to determine where edits occur)

I was sent out for a set of compass gaps, I was not as gullible as they thought at 15, I cut out some circles and presented them to them.

got a few of those. even got 2 adjustables. one metric & the other imperial

That reminds me..
I lost my Imperial adjustable spanner!!! :(

Been trying to find a replacement for quite a while....
But can only find Metric Adjustable's !!!!

If anyone has a link to an imperial Adjustable Spanner supplier...
with tools currently in stock for next day delivery I would be very appreciative.
(y)🍻

Turned out that it was the armature from a large motor which weight a few cwts and needed a wheel barrow to shift from the armature winding dept to the stores where I worked at 15.

Ah but have you got a left handed one?
Yes. I have at least 4 adjustable spanners and it used to annoy me that I could never remember which way to turn it to tighten it. That was until I put 2 down side by side and realised one has a left hand thread worm screw, and the other a right hand thread. So which way to turn it to tighten it depends which one I have picked up. No wonder I could not remember which way to turn it.

Yes. I have at least 4 adjustable spanners and it used to annoy me that I could never remember which way to turn it to tighten it. That was until I put 2 down side by side and realised one has a left hand thread worm screw, and the other a right hand thread. So which way to turn it to tighten it depends which one I have picked up. No wonder I could not remember which way to turn it.

I've got one of those, its annoying having that 1 adjustable that has the screw the other way