Trading Standards Checking Up.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm amazed as many as that had noticed.
This was carried out when the recent |TV adverts where running for gas safe.

Most callers (cold canvassers) called during the hours of 17.00 and 20:00hrs so we got told to p off a few times :^O

I wonder whether the schemes (gas/electric) are that effective. Last year, the fella that I work for, laid off the two plumbers (both gas qualified) in the firm. He retained the Corgi badges on the vans and did any gas work himself - despite having no qualifications to do so. Having spoken myself to him and being ignored, I rang Corgi, who told me that it was up to the firms owner to tell them that he was no longer employing the individual whose qualifications had obtained Corgi membership for the firm. He is still able to use the logo and purport to be gas safe although obviously not so. The only good thing is that eventually the Gassafe logo will take over in customers minds and Corgi will fade away.

i heard that but its not widely advertised though... although its made next to nothing difference to anything lol.

i heard that but its not widely advertised though... although its made next to nothing difference to anything lol.
It wouldn't be JL, they have just lost the contract to GasSafe. :eek:

Latest posts