Train 4 trade skills

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Well a mate of mine is looking at courses to become a sparks & has picked this crowd to go with.

He has believed the sales patter

"course is easy, can take as long or be as quick as you are happy with, pass the assessment up to the C&G2356 nvq L3"

He's asked me if I know anything about them (I don't) so anybody else know anything about them .......any good /costs / what you actually gain at the end?

I told him to just sign up at college, but he wants to do this distance learning so it doesnt infringe on his home life...............seems to think 2 hours a week for a year is all it takes...................

Big shock on the way I think ;) ...phasor diagrams and the likes .....oh yes

i got details from them cost from them all in was over £8grand paying bout £100-£140 a week they wanted deposit of Only £300 then rest to start by end of month..

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with training companies like this is that they generally have a self employed, commission only salesforce who tend to pressure sell. They invariably offer the course with a personal loan at high rates of interest which also increases their earnings & are only interested in the deal & not the customer needs.

These courses have their place. The world is changing and in order to cater for people with commitments who want additional skills or change careers they're ideal. However, I think it helps to already have an interest and practical experience. For those plucking a career change choice out of a hat, it ain't going to work out. My lifelong interest in electrics has given me a firm grounding for this kind of course and now that i'm underway with it i'm very happy I made the decision. With a mortgage and three kids I can't give up my job to become an apprentice and go to college. It's not necessary anyway. I have the practical experience and now i'm learning the theory behind it and the regulations that guide it. The experience I already have is helping the missing pieces of the jigsaw start to fit together nicely. I'm confident that the course i'm doing is spot on for my needs:

http://www.tradequalified.co.uk/electrical-installation-engineer-course-pec2.html

I've been putting in a couple of hours PER DAY. Not just doing the course but reading as much information as I can take in, reading the excellent threads on here and doing practical work whenever I can.

£8K is way over the top though. I ended up getting 2K funding towards the course which worked out at almost 50 percent.

Don't slate all these courses. If you're prepared to put the work in (and you DO have to) and you can discipline yourself then they're ideal. I couldn't do it any other way.

£8K is way over the top though. I ended up getting 2K funding towards the course which worked out at almost 50 percent.

Don't slate all these courses. If you're prepared to put the work in (and you DO have to) and you can discipline yourself then they're ideal. I couldn't do it any other way.
I'd agree £8k sounds way to high but what are they offering for that price?

How did you get £2k towards your course?, I asked the DHSS about funding and was told to bog off, get real and stop listening to Gordon Brown cause he was telling porkys X(

Thanks for the info peep's I have forwarded it to my mate (along with the forum address :p ) & he is now seen the light & going the college route if he can get into a local one.

And welcome to the forum KM .....if you get here ;)

Thanks for the info peep's I have forwarded it to my mate (along with the forum address :p ) & he is now seen the light & going the college route if he can get into a local one.And welcome to the forum KM .....if you get here ;)
M107 aside the info I passed to you direct, I think fair to say there are some good courses out there, the factors tend to be how much time you have spare, and do your research if talking lots of spondolies, like Sparkies, Builders, and dare I mention Kitchen Fitters ]:) :p , personal recommendation counts for a lot

Has anyone done the Train 4 Trade Skills online Electrical Course ? Were you actually offered work experience on completion as promised at the start ? What did you think of the residential practical sessions ?l

Sorry to say that I cant post anything other than swear words about this company. Avoid like the plague. They lie through their teeth and promise you the world and deliver nothing. Anyone wants any details about this company PM me and ill tell you the truth and what to expect. If you do a search on T4TS plumbers forum theres about 27 pages of posts and the truth is there. All the lies I and other people were told are the same across the board, i.e nationwide training centres ...... there are 2 in the UK FFS and thats a minor lie told by them.

Cheers

headbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang

Henry, two words come to mind

BARGE

POLE

I hope that's not too cryptic

i have done some of my training threw these for the simpel reason i havent had time to go to college to it............. headbang AVOID they lie.. they tell you can all be completed in a few months! you have to pay over £1000 before you can even go to the training center.. what i havent been to yet because im still waiting for the letter 'inviteing' me they send you all regs books ect thats about the best thing they do there just a joke and shouldent even be allowed to sell the course as they do. they didnt even know what the 2330 was :| :_|

and for the time it takes and the fact you self teach pretty much all of it its just a waste of time

any more qestions about it just ask me

I have been waiting over a month to book my first practical session since I had my H&S result back.
The pre-attendance H&S test was ridiculous. No pass mark given, no feed-back and the questions were soo poorly written. I failed this 4 times and  was sent the paper version and even though some of the questions were poorly written still I managed to pass.

When I came to book my practical however, the person I spoke to on the phone said that I needed to wait for a letter 'inviting' me to the training centres. So I waited 12 working days before it got here and the letter wasn't an invitation at all, but saying I had to prove I was up to date with my bills.
I wasn't happy being kept waiting and having my time wasted so I called T4TS and the person was soooo unbelievably rude to me saying that I needed to follow the procedures and send them a financial report.
I was still unhappy but I requested the report which took nearly 2 weeks to get here and I sent it right away to T4TS and its been nearly a week and a half since I sent it and have heard nothing.

I have enjoyed the course modules and the online training and passed every TMA first time with the lowest mark being 87% but this last month hasn't justified the £110 I pay every month for this course.

I have read reviews on other forums and no-one seems to have actually done any practical at all.

If anyone has had a simular experience can you please tell me what you did to sort this out and book your practical.

Latest posts