TT & Cooker

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Hi all

just been out to look at a job , Curry's went to install a cooker and refused as the ZE was about 650ohms

its a TT system just so you know.

so i just want to check a few things, i am going to send a quote for new board, bonding and earth with a nice big spike!

but if they dont want to go the whole hog and just want the cooker intalled are you allowed just update earthing so that your Ze is lower and then swap coooker like for like?

hope that makes sense

cheers put the kettle on

Isn't a cooker not classed as fixed wiring so no need to comply with 17th? If you upgrade the rod then you should ensure bonding is adiquate too but I guess as you are not actually working on the fixed wireing the other side of the CU then, while its advisable to take it to the 17th, IMHO its not needed to comply. I feel a 'debate' comming on.

there is nothing to stop ny swapping like for like, which would include the cooker.

but i would at least make sure there working RCD. the Zs would still be within the max Zs for a 30mA, although the max Ra should be less than 200 or may be unstable

tell currys they are prats,

on what grounds have they refused to connect?

650 ohms is perfectly acceptable, though, as has been said, over 200 is not the best idea in the world.

check R1 R2 and tripping times,