TT from TNCS.... ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyslexicbloke

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a speciffic question...

I/We have a site with 3 existing supplies/heads, one of which feeds a 3 phase hydro and is used almost exclusivly dor export.

There is also a fish farm and a house, currently on their own supplies. All are TN-CS. We need all three to operate from he same supply

We have installe cables to the FF and house from the hydro but there is now a questuin about TN-CS on long cables to multiple locations.
This makes sense and explains wht farms, for example are almost never given a supply that is not TT.

I know what is required for a typical TT installation but I do not know if I can treat a building as TT if its supply cable is TN-CS or if the CPC in the supply conductor should be connected to the ground rod/network of the remote building.

I suspect the ground should be sepertae but, due to proxcimity, that the CPC sizing for the buildings installation would still need to meet TN-CS requirements, despite the buildings installation being TT, having seperate N & PE conductors.

Advice?
Cheers
al

(Further information can be found if you Click Here )

Now locked to prevent bing hi-jacked (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.