Two radial circuits into one MCB

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurch is right: anything connected to an MCB is 1 circuit. it may appear as 2 independent circuits, but since they are in the same MCB then they are 1 circuit

binky,

Lurch is right, you can't have 2 circuits in 1 mcb, 1 mcb = 1 circuit even if it is 2 radial runs away from it as you would have for example on a broken ring.

I think it's just a mix up in terminology.

Yep, my point was 1 MCB = 1 circuit. If you had 5 sockets, all independently wired from the MCB it is still one circuit. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with this, just that it isn't >1 circuit no matter how many wires leave the MCB and where they go.

Yep, my point was 1 MCB = 1 circuit. If you had 5 sockets, all independently wired from the MCB it is still one circuit. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with this, just that it isn't >1 circuit no matter how many wires leave the MCB and where they go.

Agreed.

Definitions part two paraphrased. Everything from the same origin and sharing the same overcurrent protective device is all the same circuit, irrespective of how many branches, legs, cables, conductors, accessories etc are involved. It is the single overcurrent protective device supplying an assembly of electrical equipment that defines a circuit.

Doc H.  

had to read that twice, my bad!

Latest posts