Type of cable to match 6mm SWA?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GARAGE.jpg

HI Sharpend seems i cant post a photo as a new users..

GARAGE.jpg

oh yes the meter is on the same wall as house CU. 

5 meters from the point of entry of the external SWA cable.

Just a quick couple of thoughts.

450mm thick brick walls are unusual.

Normal would be 12"/300 (ish)mm, if normal cavity construction.

Why 3C SWA?

Why are you running the cable internally?

Hi its the ground floor folks concrete floor inside the house, And I guess the 450mm wall is due to it being very old house. 

6mm 3core SWA recommended to be best outside, from shed to house.
but looking for a solution to run inside the house to match the future design if the load is increased in the future.

So just wandering if there was another more flexible cable to use inside the house. 

Ground floor is walls to SWA and CU are solid plaster brick.

Untitled-1.jpg

As above, why are you even running the cable inside,?

Just take it round the wall externally, or keep it underground then up outside wall the CU is on. 

Rob well not 100% as in training but it sure looks like it

Old house and clamp direct on the main line in approx 50mm below main fuse.

Murdock wont that be reducing the future design load .. if the 1.5mm flex to 6mm cpc of the core SWA??

Stepto yes sorry my diagrame ommits the fact that behind the CU is the rest fo the house so cant run up that side from outside.

So it goes from garage CU underground out of the garage, underground and up to wall of house.

Ready to come inside but having a head scratch on what to use inside to the CU. 

Love to keep the copper the same size inside really. or near as.

Sharpend so thats an option then, so is that still under regulation and can buy it like that?

I know twin and earh is no good as CPC size is always so much smaller.