Virus Protection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
best security is to delete all of Mr gates software and its associates from your computer.
i see where your coming from but think where the world will be today without him;)

i bet other OSs were built on windoze:^O

win XP, win server 2003 is an example of some of there best products.

bob

Server 2003, maybe. Win XP, definitely not. The Windows family went downhill after 2000.

As for other OS'es being based on Windows, ROFL? Early Windows was based on Unix at one point though. :)

Server 2003, maybe. Win XP, definitely not. The Windows family went downhill after 2000.As for other OS'es being based on Windows, ROFL? Early Windows was based on Unix at one point though. :)
Windows 2000 was a network version I think you will find.

i see where your coming from but think where the world will be today without him;)i bet other OSs were built on windoze :^O

bob
The was another OS called GEM which was started at the same time as Windows which ran on DOS and was a similar type as windows but did not take off, remeber using it with the OU.

Windows 2000 was a network version I think you will find.
I know, last of the good ones. After 2000 and 98 XP was the new dual purpose OS. Didn;t work that well, still doesn't IMO

I see your point Bob, but Im just glad I came back to Unix after all this time.

windoze is widely used because it is wildly profitable and so everyone wants a cut and sells it as OEM for a mark up.

try running a new Ubuntu 9.10 and its amazingly simple nowadays.

BTW, most of win7 was available in either MAC of NIX for past 3 or 4 years at least,

Ive just had too much hassle with windoze last year to EVER consider going back again.

Latest posts