Voip phone

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing getting a voip phone, I currently live with my girlfriend and her family and use their landline for my business, problem is, their answer machine is her stepdads roofing company.

I'm renting a flat this year and buying a house in a couple of years, so I thought the best way would be to get a voip phone with my own answering machine.

I've seen this model http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nortel-1535-IP-Wireless-Video-Speaker-VoIP-Web-Phone_W0QQitemZ290493069254QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=202006770974&rvr_id=202006770974&cguid=875a168a12a0a0e202b39cf3fd22b803

I then understand I can subscribe to number for 2quid a month and thats it!! Sounds too easy. Anyone else got any information? ta

cheers, canoe. We have broadband here with a wireless router is that sufficient? I think the phone I showed connects via wifi, so all I would need to do is plug it in to the mains? I think?

I think that phone has an sd card slot, so I take it, it will store the answermachine messages on there but being able to email them to my phone is a good idea!

so reading on draytel.org

for a one off 10pound credit purchase, I can have a local number and receive calls for free, only using my credit if I make calls from the phone.

So for 55quid i can be fully set up for voip, sounds good to me.

Following this thread I've just signed up with Sipgate for their basic service

Free to sign up and any missed calls are e-mailed as a wav...

As I do not intend to use it for outgoing calls it shouldn't cost me a bean!

I would like to have it as an App on my phone so that I can answer calls though!

You should be able to forward calls to your mobile if not answered, will come out of your credit though.
Ah!

That's the point.. I wnat to keep it as a free service as I have loads of "free" (paid for) mins on my mobile

I do have IMAP email, so I will get the message almost immediately (so long as I've got service)!

yeah, i'm in the same position as you noz. wouldn't bother with forwarding. Would leave my mobile number on the answer machine message and if they do leave a message recieve it on my mobile

Big thanks to canoeboy for trying to help me set up my voip phone last week,

had some spare time today and had a long play around with it, all is was, was that my username needed @draytel.org on the end!!

anyway, I'm up and running now :D

Latest posts