well sad day ...... fell off bloody bike. :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are also more skilled than the 'simple' car driver.
im sure many of you are, but there are still the idiots.

same with car drivers too, too many idiots. and the amount of people who are unable to use a light controlled round about. few near me, always gotta watch the idiot who is in the wrong lane, even though it has small dotted lines guiding people to the correct lane!

a car rider who drives a bike is a lot more observant than a car driver, youhave to have eyes up ur B side to ride a bike... at 160 its very easy for someone not to see you and pull out. :( if only they looked twice they might see us . :?

im sure many of you are, but there are still the idiots.same with car drivers too, too many idiots. and the amount of people who are unable to use a light controlled round about. few near me, always gotta watch the idiot who is in the wrong lane, even though it has small dotted lines guiding people to the correct lane!
Wise words Andy!

How do all these 'excellent' bikers end up mashed against trees then? In a week I see more people making minor mistakes in cars (wrong lane, poor signals etc) but the bikes go too fast, overtake on blind corners and drive like idiots. I know some of it is because the Dales are a nice racetrack for them but when they belt past me and I'm doing a good 60!

a car rider who drives a bike is a lot more observant than a car driver, youhave to have eyes up ur B side to ride a bike... at 160 its very easy for someone not to see you and pull out. :( if only they looked twice they might see us . :?
160mph? you deserve to die!

:eek:

maybe they did see you, but expected you to be sticking somewhere near the speed limit, and they should have had plenty time.

But why would you be doing 160? or have i missed something? ?:|

but more acceptable (well, if its a clear motorway with good conditions)
Then theres no need for speedlimits then is there?

Can just imagine a copper pulling you over for doing 90+ and letting you off 'cos its a clear motorway'

I think not!!

Then theres no need for speedlimits then is there?Can just imaging a copper pulling you over for doing 90+ and letting you off 'cos its a clear motorway'

I think not!!
you never put your foot down when its safe to do so? although if you get caught, then your probably not getting away with it lightly

No,70 is a limit not a target.
rules are there to be broken.

well, some are.

so your saying that a dual carriageway thats always had a limit of 70, reduced to 60 for no reason at all, is then dangerous to travel at 65?

i drive at a speed appropriate for conditions. id rather look ahead at the road a lot more than making sure im not 0.001MPH over the limit and immediately going to kill someone. sometimes i end up driving over the limit, sometimes under the limit, but more importantly, its safe.

O) I wish I could say the same. I do put my foot down when I can, but I drive a 4X4 so 80 is fast enough.
Doesnt matter whether you drive a 4x4 or a jag, the 70, 60 or even 30 is there for a reason, and that reason shouldnt be ignored.

Latest posts