well sad day ...... fell off bloody bike. :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pick your choice of whats more dangerous

A:

bloke going 80MPH down open clear motorway, very little traffic, good weather and visibility.

B: bloke going 30MPH (in a 30 zone) outside a school at kicking out time, roads wet, fog and bad visibility.

now, if you stick to your speed limits, or a gatso, bloke A will get the points. where as you would rather bloke B was locked up and banned from driving.

Speeding doesnt kill. Excess speed does. there is a difference.

Doesnt matter whether you drive a 4x4 or a jag, the 70, 60 or even 30 is there for a reason, and that reason shouldnt be ignored.
You are, of course, 100% correct. By speeding we are breaking the law.

Risk your own life over an animals???
No - My life is @ no greater risk at 80 then 60. I don't drive dangerously, I just sometimes go a bit fast. I always obey 30mph through villages and around schools.

Speed doesn't kill.

Nearly had a head on with a bike today. I was Passenger in van, scaffold lorry parked in not good position on bend. We where going past it when motorbike coming other way was overtaking lorry. He skidded nearly lost it but controlled it just. My driver had braked heavily so we just missed. Now if it had been one of this really fast bikes it may have been different. I personally have done bikes when I was young. I would not go back to them now. There is to much traffic on road and with all the pot holes and other s..t I feel safer in my van.

Batty

pick your choice of whats more dangerousA:

bloke going 80MPH down open clear motorway, very little traffic, good weather and visibility.

B: bloke going 30MPH (in a 30 zone) outside a school at kicking out time, roads wet, fog and bad visibility.

now, if you stick to your speed limits, or a gatso, bloke A will get the points. where as you would rather bloke B was locked up and banned from driving.

Speeding doesnt kill. Excess speed does. there is a difference.
very true, your common sense tells you in certain conditions or situations you need to lower your speed to be safer, and the same applies at the other end of the scale. You can safely increase your speed and still be 'safe'.

Latest posts