Well, the kids found it funny.....

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 point PPE

Glasses

Hat

Boots

Hi vis

Gloves.

Many sites I have worked on have insisted on CUT 3 gloves which before I started this kind of work I never knew existed.

Also have had to wear Kevlar sleeves when working in ceilings.

Don't get me started on ladder permits!!!

:lol:

Mum surprised you’ve not mentioned the full face fit masks, no facial hair permitted, now is that discrimination? 

Mum surprised you’ve not mentioned the full face fit masks, no facial hair permitted, now is that discrimination? 

MUM?? Where did that come from? 

Might be a bridge to far...

Always slightly jealous of the Sikh fellas for not having to have a lid.

😛

But what happens if there’s an accident and they’re injured? 

We   recently gave up trying to get a permit to work at a certain airport we recently had a contract with. We were asked to do a load test on our completed shop unit as they had a few blackouts. The shops (or concessions, as they are known on site) have small supplies, Ours had a 3 phase 32A supply fed via a C type breaker &  i designed it to  draw about 28. All we wanted to do was put a clamp meter over the tails.  I got my numerous forms, reports, Rams etc  refused 4 times, they take 3 weeks to tell us this.   Some examples of why, .

I did not include the lock off procedures, (gave up telling them its a test to see how much electricity is flowing so it has to be on)

List of PPE was not included, (none needed)

Barriers  to protect other workers not listed ,(board  is in  a cupboard in the managers office)

First aiders name  not listed (listed as duty shop manager)

It was also refused as work had to be carried out after terminal had closed, even though we said it had to be carried out in an early afternoon when the AC was on full . 

I wanted to just go and do it, we have security clearance but the shopfitter said we had to follow the correct procedures. It just so happened a month later we had to attend one evening to fault find with the AC guys who had a  electrical permit to work so did it then

Last edited by a moderator:
All this started in 1066  at the Battle of Hastings .    The Normans were stopped  where they got off the hovercraft at Hastings  by our H&S guy  who took one look at their arrows and said " You'll have someone,s eye out with them "      Totally ignored him and took over the country . 

Test Leads    !!!      Why do they charge so much for them   ??

Because they are all different....... so they can charge what they want

A bit like rubbish Apple chargers with lightning connectors 

If the Politicians really do care about the worlds resources they would act on this garbage - the EU had plans to harmonise on 1 compatible phone charger until Apple did a big U-Turn ..... to protect their profits no doubt

Latest posts