What A Joke 2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Following on from recent threads on landlords and checks i thought i would post this. Went to look at a flat to do some remedials. The domestic electrical installation report was given to me ( cant say i have seen the title on the sheet before) note the date, Its only taken the landlady a year to get it sorted.

Anyhow, Its not that bad but i thought i would post it just to show different peoples views. The guy was on site a few hours but did miss a switched spur for a towel rail about 100mm from the edge of the bath.

img097.jpg

No 5, No cable attached, Maybe a mention in the comments

No 8, It was sleeved yellow/green

No 9, Connector block used to extend cable

No 10, It was done, i saw it as soon as i opened the immersion cupboard

No 11 &12, Cpc's are present, i think a diy-er has put up all the lights and left out the earth

No 15, Now that is a joke, why not mention the kettle, toaster & tv also.

Out of interest, No 1, 9.5 kw shower wired in 2.5 tw& e connected to the cooker circuit. Fitted last year by a Polish 'electrician'. Every time the tenant had a shower whilst the cooker was on the circuit breaker tripped, i wonder why & wonder what the cable looks like, its buried.

Note the blank system type, the 200A rated current of the 60A switch fuse & 60A suppliers fuse & 1 phase 3 wire supply. The supply to the flat is a split concentric with 16mm earth. The water & gas are connected with 6mm but he got that wrong also. He also tested the supply characteristics at the board (its a 3rd floor flat) & not at the supply and meter in the basement.

img098.jpg

Lastly, now i remember why we use easycert, i would be embarrased giving this to a customer

img099.jpg

Note the novel way of showing the original cooker cable & shower cable connected to No 1 way.

I NEVER give the customer a hand written certificate. I take my scruffy hand written one home, type it up in Word using one of my templates, and post them a decent readable copy.

some people will never learn, never use a NICEIC electrician. Always best to try the bloke from the pub much more professional AND cheaper
tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Latest posts