What do i need for elecsa assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulman

Reaction score
Hi chaps leaving it a bit late elesca assessment in a few days, what do i need?

i,ve got two jobs plus paperwork for him to look at.

books, bs7671, on site guide, building regs.

i,m going to be a one man band anything else cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant find been hectic past few months so going to try and ring tommorrow.

cheers

Good luck with it! Make sure you have loads of brew kit and biscuits. Ive just had my 1st assessment with NAPIT and although i wouldn't say it was difficult, the assessor did ask a lot of questions many of which were regs related as well testing and IV, numerous questions on periodics and what i would look for etc. we had a good chat about starting a business and pricing as well as ways to promote yourself and gaining more work. Of course the schemes want your money but they also want to help you succeed!

I got the impression that if you didn't know what you were doing and your work wasn't compliant that my assessor would have definitely had made me have a revisit.

I would assume that your assessment will have a similar structure to mine

Just make sure all you paperwork is in order, you will be very annoyed with yourself if you need a reassessment for not having your insurance cert to hand. Again good luck I'm sure you will be fine.

You only need three things to pass selection

A cheque a pen a signature

You will be advised in a very polite

'I have to ask for it but really I couldn't care less now I have your cheque'

kinda way if you are missing any minor details such as basic knowledge basic tools basic tester ........etc etc

You also need to show the following,

Suitable test equipment that has been calibrated or if not a check list to show you have been self-checking it.

Public liability insurance certificate.

Complaints & complaints procedure book.

Memorandum of guidance on the electricity at work regulations 1989 (HSR25).

GN38 (for test equipment, not sure 100% if this is needed)

Certificates you have issued for work recently done (you must have some, even for the jobs you are showing)

health & safety policy.

Probably some more as well as these

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:28 ----------

The Elecsa address above is dead, try this one

http://www.elecsa.co.uk/Documents/Public-Documents/Contractors/How-to-Avoid-Common-Part-P-Assessment-Issues.aspx

I found this paragraph both interesting and amusing. I wonder how this is done........... On surveillance visits, all work undertaken during the previous

twelve months will be checked to ensure that work which is

notifiable, has been notified.

Elecsa must be doing well, i went to the find a contractor page, entered my postcode and it returned people the other end of the country. So i then went to the map, selected London & general contractors, it returned 'no company matched your search criteria' :^O :^O :^O

I have been an observer at elecsa visits and it's a walk in the park.

Didn't ask to test nothing.

If your serious about being part p approved, try the Niceic, you do have to know your stuff!

I have been an observer at elecsa visits and it's a walk in the park.Didn't ask to test nothing.

If your serious about being part p approved, try the Niceic, you do have to know your stuff!
Doesn't always follow with the charlatan spark who can't do a PIR for toffee. He was going to become a AC!

Well you should of shopped him, I'm with elecsa and when I have my assessment they are on the ball, and to add I have been to a few job's over the last few weeks were NICEIC sparks have been in and poor workman ship has been done, so no scam is perfect in anyway in my opinion

Hi chaps leaving it a bit late elesca assessment in a few days, what do i need?i,ve got two jobs plus paperwork for him to look at.

books, bs7671, on site guide, building regs.

i,m going to be a one man band anything else cheers.
They send you a check list when you apply.

They were insisting on 17th C&G.

Test instruments c/with Calib.Certs

Copy of EAW act 1989 .

And as said ......your chequebook and a pen.

And tea and chocolate biscuits, by all accounts.

And the best ones at that.

Passed with flying colours very straight forward bit of testing and knowledge check nothing to sweat over really.

Latest posts