What do you subbies all drive for work ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Barx please enlighten me to this personal cars being exempt? Who do you contact for that? I thought it was any vehicle not compliant was subject to Ulez charge?
This is the Sheffield zone I'm talking about, not the London. I have no idea of the rules down there tbh. If you look at sheffields info site though, it states it up near top of page.

Clicky

I won’t go down finance route either. I don’t feel like my earnings are high enough to justify it. Not when there’s only my wage coming in and cost of everything else has shot up. It’s a tough one pal. Plus like you say if work dries up your stuck with a finance bill to pay. It’s questionable whether or not I would have enough spare cash per month for finance anyway. 🙈🤷🏻
Same again here mate regards being the sole income for the house. Have to keep a tight ship.

Probably not what you want to hear but you need to save more each month for your tax and NI and your replacement vehicle
I agree bud. This is what I’m weighing up now because I’m struggling to do just that with only the one wage coming in. I totally agree if I could save more I’d have a pot of get me out the woods money

Same again here mate regards being the sole income for the house. Have to keep a tight ship.
It’s hard bud. Very hard. I think there is an element of me overthinking things but I think at the same time if I’m going to remain self employed I can’t just plod on each month just getting by. Need to have a plan going forward because at some point I will need money for emergencies

So maybe limp on with your current vehicle unit your rebate comes?
I will mate yeah. It will go towards it. I still think I need to be saving like at least £100 a week thow and keeping it as sort of a business account. I might be wrong thinking this but I feel that’s the position you need to be in to be self employed. You know what I mean. To afford to be self employed that’s what you should put aside

I’m doing about 10 to 12k a year and it’s currently showing 120,000 so plenty of life in her yet.

My last van was up to 200K+ when I sold it, it then still went on for another 3 years before it became cost inefficient and the boys got rid of her.
A regularly serviced vehicle (diesel) will do 200k+ easy.

My last van was up to 200K+ when I sold it, it then still went on for another 3 years before it became cost inefficient and the boys got rid of her.
A regularly serviced vehicle (diesel) will do 200k+ easy.
Nice bud. Well I’m gona crack on with the car for now and make a real effort to put more away in the mean time. It’s a petrol so it’s quite cost affective in terms of fuel costs. I do well out of a full tank.

Your current situation looking for a replacement vehicle is not helped by the average value of many second-hand cars/vans being generally higher than they were since before the start of the Covid lockdowns and the motoring semiconductor ship shortage.....

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/buying-and-selling/2021-10/used-car-prices-rise-by-up-to-57/

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...and-cars-soaring-price-cost-new-versions.html

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/used-car-values-rising-2022

etc...

etc...

I will mate yeah. It will go towards it. I still think I need to be saving like at least £100 a week thow and keeping it as sort of a business account. I might be wrong thinking this but I feel that’s the position you need to be in to be self employed. You know what I mean. To afford to be self employed that’s what you should put aside
Business accounts are rubbish, set up a separate personal account. I have a Chase account paying 2.7% cashback on all transactions, which I use for daily expenses.

Nice bud. Well I’m gona crack on with the car for now and make a real effort to put more away in the mean time. It’s a petrol so it’s quite cost affective in terms of fuel costs. I do well out of a full tank.
just carry on with the car is that's all you need. i use an astra estate for the smaller jobs, I&T, general running about etc, then larger van for jobs that needs more tools/space

just carry on with the car is that's all you need. i use an astra estate for the smaller jobs, I&T, general running about etc, then larger van for jobs that needs more tools/space
It is all I need really. I’m just transporting tools to site. I have roof bars and steps. An estate is the ideal thing for me. This year is head down, crack on and put money away .