What is the best TOOLBELT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends what you need it for tom,

if , as you say you want to try PV then I suggest a belt with just a couple of really big pockets for the bolts/screws etc when on the roof,

my 'new' ( :D ) drills/impacts have belt hangers on them, but tie some rope (thanks to whoever that was for the tip :) ) to them as well for the inevitable miss when it wants to go sliding.

I have a mismatch,

a belt with 2 massive pockets and some tool loops/hammer hanger/plier hanger etc, an add on drill holster (for when I need it) and another littleish add on pocket with some screwdriver loops etc for odds and sods.

just be very wary of some of these multi belts with pockets you can hardly get your hand into.

it really depends IMHO on what your main line of work is as to what you need your belt to do for you.

I have a Dewalt one that I add a fixings pouch to. Drill holster and Hammer loop are fitted as and when needed. Trouble is that in Summer you sweat like Gary at the Nursery Gates, it makes you wider so you keep hitting things, knocks 7 shades of sh!te out of your hips, makes you look like one of the Village People. 35 years and I have still to find a tool carrying / storage system that I am happy with..............and I am not even close yet!................. :coat

I have a Dewalt one that I add a fixings pouch to. Drill holster and Hammer loop are fitted as and when needed. Trouble is that in Summer you sweat like Gary at the Nursery Gates, it makes you wider so you keep hitting things, knocks 7 shades of sh!te out of your hips, makes you look like one of the Village People. 35 years and I have still to find a tool carrying / storage system that I am happy with..............and I am not even close yet!................. :coat
you need a better apprentice. :D

Ha ha ha, is it because of the dewalt yellow and black reminiscent of double yellow lines? :)

I like to have everything with me, especially when 2nd fixing domestics or first visit to faults.

I am also tempted by CK Magma Electrician's Toolbelt Set MA2715.

My biggest problem is that I would like to get the "one" first off as buying lots of different ones could prove expensive.

I want to be like the man in this video

to be at one with my purchase OMMM

Ha ha ha, is it because of the dewalt yellow and black reminiscent of double yellow lines? :) I like to have everything with me, especially when 2nd fixing domestics or first visit to faults.

I am also tempted by CK Magma Electrician's Toolbelt Set MA2715.

My biggest problem is that I would like to get the "one" first off as buying lots of different ones could prove expensive.

I want to be like the man in this video

Hands up everyone that has used one of those square drivers before.

surely I cant be the ONLY person in this country to use them.... BTW, they come in 3 standard sizes just like pozi's , 6/8/10, coloured as green/red/black

sometimes called 'scrulux' or 'robertsons'

Latest posts