What is the best TOOLBELT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hands up everyone that has used one of those square drivers before.surely I cant be the ONLY person in this country to use them.... BTW, they come in 3 standard sizes just like pozi's , 6/8/10, coloured as green/red/black

sometimes called 'scrulux' or 'robertsons'
Me, but only in 'pocket screws' and they are an American import from Rutlands

Dakota 1 1/4" Pocket Hole Screws (DKL33) - Buy online from Rutlands.co.uk

They seem very good.

This the one I have ordered from Screwfix, but if you still have it I will have it. PM - let's talk

Thanks, I am looking forward to using it, one of the main drawbacks of the leather one I use (apart from nothing having a proper place in it) is that the pouches are always closed, so that if you put clips or screw in a compartment you can't get to them.

I find that putting tools in my pockets is the easiest way for me to lose tools, I need the discipline that a belt gives you that when you leave one area, a quick glance shows you have retained all of the tools. I'm sure this won't be the last one I get - but I will give it a go.

It has been an interesting discussion - maybe we should have sticky called Which (as in which tools, which meter etc)

Martin

Hands up everyone that has used one of those square drivers before.surely I cant be the ONLY person in this country to use them.... BTW, they come in 3 standard sizes just like pozi's , 6/8/10, coloured as green/red/black

'During the Wower' [said like Uncle Albert in Only fools] there was a US Air Base down the road from me. Some materials oddly appeared within the local community. Thought I was going mad the first time I saw a Square screw recess FFS SQUARE!!!. Still find them occasaionally. Never had the correct 'bit', just tw@tted a terminal driver in the hole and rived the bustard out......... :coat

I used them all the time in NZ, I had a driver for the cordless as well as a set of square drive screwdrivers. I don't know why we dont use them here because they are brilliant. never slip or strip heads and lose drive. An excellent idea.

yup,

best driver I ever used,

and, you can keep the screw on the bit even upside down or any shape, :D

I really like them, just problems getting screws around here :C

Have had a selection of belts, mainly use the CK one and a leather one that i picked up in SEARS department store Detroit. Either way couldnt second fix lighting pendants without a belt !

Tony

You were in Detroit Tony? I honestly feel for you. I was on a stop over there, didnt leave the airport, but was glad to be gone to be honest with you.AndyGuinness
Yeah had 2 visits to see a good friend of mine back in 2006/7. Went down to memphis while i was there and also had some good golfing rounds in north america.

Saw the toolbelt and could not resist !! lol

I got a doublepouch toolbelt last Christmas. Thinking it was the bees knees I loaded it

and proceeded to climb the ladder. I have also been on a weight reduction diet for two

or three weeks. First time I used the tool-belt I proudly loaded it up with tools,

I climbed to about 25 feet up my ladders, started using a screwdriver above my head

when the tool-belt and my snickers slipped down to my ankles. Now the best thing about

this was the girls in the offices opposite found this absolutely hilarious but

you try and recover yourself from this situation 25 feet up in a crosswind.

Needless to say I went completely off using a tool-belt after that.

I've been using a plano toolbelt on site where I am at the moment. I does tend to get full up with clips, P clips, channel nuts and cable ties. This weighs it down and can be a pain when you are working on scaffold towers for eg. If used right they are useful for keeping the tools you need at the time on you.Mine need a spring clean now!!!!

I use ck technicians vest if I need a few bits up a ladder. I find it very comfortable , unlike tool belts which I find bulky and uncomfortable. I can wear the vest all day if needed. It doesn't come out that often though.

Latest posts