What Mcbs will fit a Reco db

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob75

Reaction score
Hi guys
Need some help, I am coming across lots of Reco CCUs lately and I'm finding rcbos at fault. The issue is trying to source replacements, does anyone know what other mcbs/rcbos fit in them.
I realise this is not good practice to mix but seeing no choice at the moment until I can find a wholesaler that stocks them.
Any advise would be appreciated.

Fitting non compatible devices isn't a choice. So many failures indicate the quality of this brand just quote for replacement boards.

The OP is in a very tricky situation. I’ve never come across this brand and suspect it’s badge engineering at work here.

If he’s faced with a fault and the customer needs the power back on they can hardly wait for a cu change - so the next best option is to compare other brands that are physically the same to have to hand.

At the end of the day it would seem that many so called sparks are ignoring this advice and regulation.

I know what I would do and that wouldn’t be to force updates on people who can’t afford them

A certificate to cover the change and a note about obsolescence is what is required , along with a recommendation to upgrade the board

Wonder if the op is a CPS member and if so have they asked them what they recommend?

The OP is in a very tricky situation. I’ve never come across this brand and suspect it’s badge engineering at work here.

If he’s faced with a fault and the customer needs the power back on they can hardly wait for a cu change - so the next best option is to compare other brands that are physically the same to have to hand.

At the end of the day it would seem that many so called sparks are ignoring this advice and regulation.

I know what I would do and that wouldn’t be to force updates on people who can’t afford them

A certificate to cover the change and a note about obsolescence is what is required , along with a recommendation to upgrade the board

Wonder if the op is a CPS member and if so have they asked them what they recommend?
He is saying they are faulty so they may still be energizing the circuits.

Maybe in the IET utopia, but in the real world lots of people simply don’t have the money
That wouldn't be my problem.
Not sure what the IET have to do with it as the requirement to fit compatible devices was around long before the Regulation was introduced but people were just ignorant to it.

Last edited:
Fitting non compatible devices isn't a choice. So many failures indicate the quality of this brand just quote for replacement boards.
Hi
Thank you for the message, its definitely not something I would or have ever considered before. I can only assume Reco are no longer around and I was interested in whether an alternative was available.
Mainly before I have to suggest replacing the DB as they have 13 rcbos installed and at £25 each it then becomes quite expensive.

Hi
Thank you for the message, its definitely not something I would or have ever considered before. I can only assume Reco are no longer around and I was interested in whether an alternative was available.
Mainly before I have to suggest replacing the DB as they have 13 rcbos installed and at £25 each it then becomes quite expensive.
Unfortunately it is what it is. I have never heard of Reco and your best bet is quote for a complete replacement.

So here's the thing.... it would be wiser to find a better quality RCBO (that fits).
Over time, with RCBO replacements, the heart of the CSU would gradually gain robustness and longevity, less waste, spreading the cost of upgrades for your customers. Once locals know of someone with a reasonable solution = more work for your good self.
BTW I have some work pants with Recco on but I think its to find me when I am lost somewhere !!