What tools for second fix??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a strange law that allows you to drive geese through London (cheapside) So I'm going to go to screwies tonight and get some lanyards and attach my powertools to some geese.  -_-

Just pulling in FP and doing containment so I dont need many tools thankfully! 

:)

side cutters

long nose

driver

knife

Its site work, walk around a bit if you dont have anything you need

Why’s that? Does walking around make what you need appear? Or is it just tossing it off at someone else’s expense? 

Lots of walking around due to the size of the site and lack of tools. 1 SDS and 1 hole saw between 10 guys doing containment equals lots of people wandering about looking for stuff.

One of the 'sparks' threw a wobbly yesterday because he couldn't find something and ******** off home with the hole saw at 2pm.

:C

Lots of walking around due to the size of the site and lack of tools. 1 SDS and 1 hole saw between 10 guys doing containment equals lots of people wandering about looking for stuff.

One of the 'sparks' threw a wobbly yesterday because he couldn't find something and ******** off home with the hole saw at 2pm.

:C

Is the drill supplied by the company or are you expected to supply own? I always carry my small milwaukee drill and cone drill in my bag, borrowing tools is not something I like to do.

Leatherman...though I prefer my Gerber Suspension! :)

Might want a belt holster if you take a small drill. Sounds like it (a drill) would be a much sought after item there and you don't want it growing legs!

Leatherman...though I prefer my Gerber Suspension! 

I have a Titanium Charge and all the bits and extension for the Leatherman AND a Gerber Cable Tool ( strange item, will post a pic later) BUT I would choose the Leatherman over the Gerber any day...just cannot get on with it

Never EVER Google LEATHERMAN. It could literally make you eyes water

Is the drill supplied by the company or are you expected to supply own? I always carry my small milwaukee drill and cone drill in my bag, borrowing tools is not something I like to do.

Repeated questions on day one revealed that we needed little more than hand tools and a combi but Friday revealed a different story! 

I had my Makita 10.8v, but it's not great for heavy duty stuff so the 18v stuff is coming with me on Monday which is national backpain & hernia day!

@Onoff

I like my leatherman, it's old and doesn't have many features but it's got out of the brown stuff many times. I would like a new knife but I have to keep buying other stuff to keep me working. ;

@kerching Yeah... A few things are missing... earth sleeve FFS, I've taken to following the Schneider guys around & picking up their leavings. :slap