What Type Of Car/van Do You Use?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Venture!

Reaction score
Hi guys. Wonder if I could throw out a general question? What's your experience re the most reliable van? Been trawling the used van sites and dealers, but opinions vary wildly. Used Trafic/Vivaro are pretty cheap, but some reviews describe them as piles of you-know-what!

they have their issues, but are cheap to buy.

Been running a Vito for 5 years, tend to be  a bit rusty on upper bodywork,but it's never let me down. Transits have good reputation - apparenetly the one weak point is fuel system filters which need to be kept clean to avoid big bill.

VWs too bloody dear!

Thanks Binky. Nearly caught out with an old Sprinter that's going cheap. Good enough van, until I remembered I will be working within the London Low Emission Zone. 1998 Sprinter not compliant, and it costs £100 per day if I did use it!

Already suggested it once this morning in another thread.... Toyota hi ace. Apparently all you need to do is replace bulbs and tyres ;)

I couldn't possibly recommend a Vauxhall combo though others might.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had very few probs with my Combo, but it is a bit tight on space so it'd depend how much gear you'd need to get in the back (and, as per other topic, only has 2 seats).

VW transporter has never let me down, had a T4 for 10 years now have a T5

Toyota HI-ACE would be my 2nd choice.

I would never get a French Van.

Latest posts