What type of cert, if any?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I`m replacing an electric shower,like for like. The existing wire is 6mm, so I don`t have the option to up the size.

I will do usual tests to confirm circuit is ok, but do I need an EIC, orMWC?

I thought anything in a special area need testing even if like for like .... I may be wrong ! I issue certs for most of my work like that... like the chap above said a mwc will do

you're doing all the tests anyway so why not fill out a mwc at same time, no need to notify but handing the cert over always gives an impression you're a 'proper' spark who knows what he's doing!

I thought anything in a special area need testing even if like for like .... I may be wrong ! I issue certs for most of my work like that... like the chap above said a mwc will do
special location has nothing to do with it. no cert required, and most of the time i wouldnt bother writing one, but nothing to stop you

niceic said the minor is fine but would like to see the eic in the case of a new shower unit ..

just to add a little gravy into the conversation.

you're doing all the tests anyway so why not fill out a mwc at same time, no need to notify but handing the cert over always gives an impression you're a 'proper' spark who knows what he's doing!
I would Second the above statement .

Latest posts