What would be the best to do ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I would hope Power Ball has a proper RCD tester and will take some proper trip measurements of any / all RCD's in the installation. Otherwise he can't sign any certificates to say they are operating correctly.
Thanks ProDave

I do have a multi tester I use to test all my installations, I just did not have it in my car when I called in to look at the job so just did a quick manual test while I was there as as an indication it was working. It will be taken out any way as I intend to rip all out and start again with the advice I have received.

Thanks

Vhas

Do You think installing A 24 Hour installation in the same dis board as on off peak board is a good idea ? (Especially in a rented property) .

Personally I would check the 100mA rcd. If ok,leave the off peak board alone (apart from carrying out an installation condition report)

If the property is going to let,be very careful ! I do a lot of work in rented property. There are tenants who would sue anyone for even a small amount of money,and even more solicitors who would be glad to help them get the shirt off your back.

Remember,if you certify the installation, you could be liable in the event of a problem !

If you're not sure about the regulations,walk away !

If you look at the health and safety implications of electrical work carried out in rental properties ,you may want to think twice about doing this particular job.

Don't wish to appear a scaremonger,but you have to cover yourself !

Best wishes.

Speedster

Do You think installing A 24 Hour installation in the same dis board as on off peak board is a good idea ? (Especially in a rented property) .
whats wrong with that?

thousands of council houses are like that all over the country,

up and down (MEM?) boards, and some side by side boards out there too.!

I'd love to know for what reason you dont think its a good idea.

Latest posts