wonderful xmas present . :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just had a nips from mr plod .... went through a red light last month ..

what can i expect .. how many points and how big a fine . :(

lovely present lol.

I trust it is going to court then? Or else, if it was a Fixed Penalty" then you'd know - Yes?

its a nip so i just plead guilty i guess, so i dont have to appear.

not a fixed penalty.

if i get 6 i am selling me bike, i cant risk the odd weekend 100+ mph blast if i have 6 dam points.

lesson learnt here rushing to jobs so i can finish early ..

Sometimes worth attending if you are trying to keep low points.

pulled once few years ago for over the 100 on the M54 argued with officer that it was not possible, as two gps units and not one showed over 100 agreed to 97 and fixed penalty.

proves his kit wasnt as good as mine both mine did say 104 still the element of doubt and human error.

Also by attending even if guilty is the fine could be a lot less.Hard times etc.

I don't know if this is only possible in the Midlands but can you opt for a retraining driving course, as directed by the court. I believe you get fewer points if you do.

The other day I crossed the line as the lights went red, carried on across and four other vehicles followed me . !!! :| :|

Deke

That is usually offered to drivers that have been banned, EE.

It reduces their ben by upto 6 months.

Red light is deffo only 3 points trust me I know. Normally the nips is the first letter you get along with ione asking who was driving. This is then followed by a second letter offering a fixed penalty (

Ive had 2 parking tickets and 1 on the spot fine for not wearing my seatbelt.

I'm not brave enough to go over 70mph:^O

slightly better if only 3 points.An ex workmate got stopped speeding M4 area Wales and was allowed to take a speed course through Warks police.he lived West Mids.

Not sure but I think he had to pay for that so no points, he had'nt got many if any. unable to check as he has now left.

wonderful xmas present . :(

JL hope it goes ok and doesn't spoil the break to much.all the best.

just had a nips from mr plod .... went through a red light last month .. what can i expect .. how many points and how big a fine . :(

lovely present lol.
3 points + fine usually. you should also check the pics, its only an offence if the front axle crosses on red. often, especially longer vehicles, the front is already accross but rear axle triggers camera. normally hard to leave the rear axle other side of the line...

see this forum for some good advise on what to do, if anytihng

PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

i was well over.. to late now i sent it off .. fair cop i guess. :(

jl, clear your PM's. I cant send one as the site tells me you're a hoarder!!